2. Sandwich

My poor, poor sandwich was left in tatters as the immediate bacteria came rushing in and eating it. It was now inedible for me to eat. But that's not actually the main problem here, even though I wished deeply that it was my only actual worry.

I stared at the boy in front of me, bewildered. His mesmerizing emerald eyes looked as if it were staring through my very soul which was pretty creepy and intriguing. Wait, what exactly did he ask me again-

" Wanna eat lunch?" He repeats as if knowing that I didn't catch on the first time.

Eat? Eat what? Don't you see my poor sandwich lying on the floor because of you?!

It was truly a tragedy, I'll be sure to arrange a proper ceremony to bid my final goodbyes and wishes of peace to my sandwich. After all, no sandwich deserves to be dropped and rot on the dirty floor.

" Gotou-san?" He calls for my attention and I once again snapped back into reality.

" O-Oh! Uh...." Crap, I was so focused on my wasted sandwich that I completely forgot about my answer!

My hands subconsciously began fiddling with the edge of my sleeve as I tried thinking of an answer. My answer should be no, but if I said that then wouldn't that give him the impression that I hate him at first-sight? Or even worse, an arrogant hussy?!

" U-Uh....Ah....Ahhhh...." What are you doing, Hitori?! Just say yes or no! It doesn't matter what you say right now, just don't give him the impression that this is your first social interaction after having trapped yourself in the closet for 3 whole years!

" No...?.....Yes? Wait, no!" I threw my hands in the air, feeling the warmth rising to my cheeks as I cringed at my own words.

" Which one is it?" He asks me, an amused smile gracing his lips. Was my inner turmoil and grief for my sandwich entertaining to him? This guy must be the devil!

" Uh-oh...Gotou-san is malfunctioning again." I hear someone say.

" Oh I wish he'd ask me instead..." Another one said.

" I really want to get to know him more!" Another proclaimed.