14. Kessoku Band

" Ah, can I ask you something first, Kenji?" Akihiko said, they both took a pause, they were just about to part ways till' Akihiko said that.

" How's mom doing?" He asked.

" Heh." Sakurai chuckles. He was thinking whether he should mention her or not, but waited for Akihiko's signal.

" Aunt Kimiko is still working as hard as always. My parents have been wanting her to take a break but-- you of all, know how she is. She is your mother, after all." Sakurai said. " If I have to say something about it.....I think the reason is obvious. She wants to take on the role that your dad left behind ever since he....." He stops there, the implication of it was enough.

Akihiko nods, grateful. " I understand."

Mr. Akihiko had passed away when Asahi was still 10, and Seiji at the younger age of 7. It was due to a fatal accident via car collision. The family was devastated, especially the beautiful Kimiko, the man's wife. Asahi and Seiji were still too young at the time, of course, they missed their father and cried all they could let out, but upon seeing the pain on their mother's face.... they quickly realized that maybe sucking it all up and hiding the pain is better. So they wouldn't have to let their mother handle more stress than she does by having to emotionally support her two sons all by herself when she couldn't get a handle on her own.

Around that time, it's when Asahi met Kenji and became good friends. Kenji introduced Asahi to his family and chemistry was immediately formed due to Asahi's positivity, they often joked about taking Asahi as their own son alongside Kenji. A few months from there, young Kenji absent-mindedly mentioned  Asahi's dwindling family situation and Mr. Sakurai and Mrs. Sakurai quickly took action and introduced themselves to Kimiko.

And there, they offered her a job that pays well, and could single-handedly support her two children financially. Kimiko basically leaped for the offer as soon as it was made, and her contract with the Sakurai family was formed. That's how Asahi and Seiji were able to enroll in Oreha High, the same school as Kenji. And things were going well......until now.

Sakurai still didn't know the reason why Asahi left. The circumstances behind it. But he won't pressure Akihiko into telling him, he's confident that Akihiko will tell him soon before it's too late.

" Please--"

" I know." Sakurai raises a hand, having gone through this over and over with him. " I'll annoy Aunt Fuyuko into taking a break, and to also tell her that her dearest sweetest darling little cutie baby boys, Asahi and Seiji, wish for her to take a break~" He teases.