29. Halloween ( 3 )

I was always a girl who kept to myself. A girl, who didn't feel the need to change to fit in with everyone else. It's not like anyone bothered me either, though, that's probably because most of my classmates brushed away my existence and I was only ever relevant when it came to group projects.

Oh that was the life. I was free to dive into my own interests as much as I want, without every feeling the need to connect with anyone. I just submit my part of the work, and then the rest usually carries it to the end.

My older brother, however, was the opposite. He was always outgoing, gets along with everyone, and though he wasn't the smartest of the bunch-- everyone still was fond to him. And my brother loved sports, especially soccer.

I wasn't a fan of sports, nor could I ever imagine myself to be.

I was fine with the way I was. An otaku living in her own thoughts, in her own made-up world based off of the romance genre. Oh, I really did love romance-comedy manga and anime. Even though I never felt the need to ' connect' myself with people like earlier-- there's still that feeling of...wanting a special someone in my life.

I liked being alone but.....it does get lonely, sometimes.

It's crazy how black and white panels can often bring emotion and color through their characters....

And then when I look back into the real world....it just feels dull, almost grey.

If only I could've been isekai'd into the characters' world, would that have made me happy? Or maybe I'm putting too much blame on the world for being colorless and dull-- when in reality, it was myself all along?

I had no friends. No serious ambitions. I liked drawing, but I wasn't pursuing myself to become an artist because all I draw are the characters I like.

Is that how life is going to be for me in the future?

Would I....like that sort of life?

But all that changed, when one day, out of nowhere. My persistent brother dragged me into the outside world to watch Oreha High's soccer game.

Apparently, their soccer team only formed just this year and it contained only middle schoolers. I was exhausted from the 4 hour travel to Oreha, I seriously wondered if my brother had gone nuts to come all the way here to watch middle schoolers play soccer. Heck, I don't even understand soccer. I already felt like I was going to regret this.

( Spoiler alert: I didn't. )