3. Mission Impossible!

I roamed the halls in search of a certain pink haired schoolmate. I broke free from my group of friends in order to spend my lunch break with Gotou-san, this is my way of possibly improving Gotou-san's ability to make friends. But I do genuinely love spending time together regardless.

Everyone in the band cherishes her, despite how weird she can be ( still very funny ) everyone accepts her with open arms. And I still can't thank her enough for encouraging Ryou-senpai and Nijika-chan to forgive me after I'd initially ran away and avoided them. It's been two months since then and we've garnered a good crowd that consisted of 10 - 17 people during our sets.

" She must be at her usual spot." I murmured to myself as I made a quick right turn towards the other staircase. It's popular for being the place that loners venture to, due to the few numbers that pass by here from time to time.

I think Gotou-san claimed that spot as one of her many favorite places....

But that's expected of the ultimate introvert, Gotou Hitori-san! ( Of course, I don't mean any offense to her ).

All right, just gotta go down the stairs–

" Mhm, are you the same as me? Just wanna be by yourself?" a voice I wasn't familiar with came from the place Gotou-san would dwell....

I instinctively stopped my previous movements and hid behind the corner, peeking my head slightly to look down the stairs, curious to see who's down there. It's impossible to think another introvert would end up there, don't they know it's Gotou-san's territory?!

"Haha....ha...ha....you think this was a choice?"

Hm? That self-deprecating tone sounds awfully familiar.....and that laugh filled with depressed sarcasm....Gasp! Could it be–

" I'm only here because I don't have many friends to eat with. I am an incapable , insocial garbage that's living on auto-pilot."

Yep. That's definitely Gotou-san.

I almost let out an audible sigh at her ' true' thoughts but I held it in. This may sound weird, but I want to listen in on this conversation of theirs. This is the first time I've seen Gotou-san communicate with another human being without spontaneously combusting after the first ' hello'. Add to the fact that the person she's communicating to sounds like a BOY? Ohoho~, I am NOT ruining this moment.