37 - Breakdown (Dwight x Frank)

I PROMISE NO MORE A/Ns AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERY ONESHOT! (Hehe, I can't promise that😅) But in this, Dwight is autistic. AND ALSO, I KNOW I HAVE LOTS OF THESE WITH DWIGHT, BUT GIVE ME A BREAK, HE'S LIKE, IDK, BUT YEAH! But, like I said, he is autistic. Just because I make him that. ON WITH THE STORY

Another trial. Dwight hated it. He's been in trial after trial, making him really stressed out. He's too overwhelmed for another one, and one more little screw up could cause him to snap. He can't do this.

Dwight, even with the stress and over stimulation, tries to help the others. As best he can. Everything has been going smoothly so far, and he's been able to help with 2 gens. No one has even heard the killer, so Dwight is able to keep himself together.

Until he heard a scream. It was Meg's dying state scream. Dwight, who is easily distracted, whipped his head in the direction of where he heard it. Causing him to connect 2 wrong wires and blow the whole gen. Dwight, getting frustrated, stood up and kicked the gen. He felt like screaming out of anger, but knew that would alert the killer.

So instead, he stomp over to a decently hidden area, and he slid down the wall holding his head in his hands. Dwight let out a shaky breath, trying to calm himself down. But it wasn't working, only intensifying the feeling of frustration.

Dwight started gripping his hair, letting a loud sob escape his lips. He tried to cover his mouth in an attempt to silence the sobs, but he just couldn't. Not with everything going on. He was so hyper focused on everything else around him, like the crows, screams, gens blowing up, and he just couldn't handle it.

He started sobbing harder, and more uncontrollably. Everything was so loud now. He could hear everything. Every little noise like the crunching of leaves or the snap of a twig was ten times louder. Dwight didn't even realize that his sobs were also getting louder in volume.

Meanwhile, Frank was trying to find all the survivors left. He already Moried one, and sacrificed another, leaving only 2. He starts fiddling with his knife, tossing it around from one hand to another. He kept stepping on twigs and leaves, but he hoped that it wasn't loud enough to alert anyone.

As he was approaching one of the many random walls survivors use to loop killers, he heard loud sobs. Curiosity being inescapable, he decides to check it out. He sneaks over and crouches behind a wall, peaking his head out a little bit to see.

He didn't know what he was expecting to see, but the sight in front of him wasn't it. He spots one of the original survivors, Dwight, with his knees tucked into his chest and hands pulling at his hair while he sobbed. His face was all red and his eyes were puffy, his glasses slightly crooked on his face.

Frank stood up and leaned against the edge of the wall, his arms crossed over his chest. He watched the survivor sob and sob, not even noticing him, before he cleared his throat. Dwight's head shot up, and he looked like a dear in the headlights.

Dwight looked around frantically, before realizing he probably couldn't escape. I mean, the killer is probably much faster than him. He sighed in defeat, and threw his head into his hands. "Just, just kill me or whatever you're going to do." Dwight mumbles, excepting the fact the the killer found him when he was most vulnerable.

"I may be merciless, but I ain't heartless." The killer replied. Dwight looked up slightly, his eyes still glossy and filled with tears. He saw the killer approach him, and he managed to shrink into himself even more.

Frank crouched down in front of the survivor. "Now, I haven't even done anything to you this trial, so why are you crying? Did one of your friends ditch you or somethin'?" Dwight stayed silent. Frank, realizing that something was actually really wrong at this moment, sat down next to Dwight.

"Okay, I'm not good with this shit, but what's wrong?" Frank asks, trying to figure out what he should do with his arms. Try and hug the boy? Leave them by his side? In his lap? He doesn't know. He was startled when Dwight burst out into tears again, and he kind of panicked. "Did I say something wrong? Shit, um." Frank now was frantically trying to figure out how to NOT make this worse.

"Look, if it makes you feel any better, I'm not gonna kill you." Frank says, trying to reason and get the survivor to stop crying. But, that doesn't seem to help. Dwight just keeps crying. Frank is silent for a moment, before an idea forms in his head. He slowly lifts Dwight, who is surprisingly light, and puts him into his lap.

He wraps one of his arms firmly around the fragile survivor, and runs the other hand through his hair. Dwight relaxes slightly, and his sobbing was softer and quiet. But not fully done.

"Um, it'll be all okay, so uh, just calm down. There's no need for crying." Frank says, trying his damn best to comfort, when he doesn't even know what comfort really feels like. Soon he hears the soft cries turn into sniffles, and he feels Dwight lean back into him. He looks down and sees that the poor guy cried himself to sleep.

He realizes that in the time that he was here, the other survivor managed to escape. Which, isn't surprising, Frank would be more surprised if the survivor was still here. Frank slowly lifted Dwight up, trying not to wake him, and he starts to look for the hatch. He didn't want to wake Dwight up, so he thought the hatch was the best option.

When he found it, he didn't know why he did it, but he placed a small, soft kiss on Dwight's forehead, then placed him in the hatch. He sighs as he saw a black fog consume him and he's back at the killer camp. He walks to his tent, which is shared with the other 3 Legion member of course, and just flops down on the ground, luckily no one around to question him.

How is this one? I don't really know how I feel about this oneshot. Is it cringe? Feedback will be nice.