Chapter 3 : The First day

3-18/19-2002

Jake POV:

"OH FUCK! Pluto and Dylan are going to kill me." Driving so fast I would have gotten a ticket if the police were on the road. I was trying to reach the factory for a job that Pluto, Dylan, and I all applied for and luckily got. "First day on the job and I'm already going to be late." I checked my phone just to make sure it was the right day and I wasn't panicking over nothing. I wasn't, the date said, 3-18-2002 11:27 PM. "Shit, it's Bryan's 17th anniversary once 12 hits. I forgot to get flowers for visiting after work." Today was the day that Bryan, Dylan's older brother went missing at Freddy Fazbear's pizzeria and was also declared dead because of blood found in the parts and service room along with a marionette doll that Bryan owned. When I met Dylan, his life had so far sucked. Dylan's dad died because of murder, his brother later went missing, his mother died due to a hemorrhage stroke, and after I met Dylan, because of depression and stress, his brother's biological mother hanged herself two years ago. To sum it all up, Dylan's life sucks. A Target was close by and thankfully still open, so I drove into the parking lot, grabbed a bouquet, and continued on my journey to work. The building came into view and from the outside, it looked like an old abandoned warehouse and had a worn-out sign with Freddy and the gang in factory clothes. I parked and approached the entrance to see Dylan and Pluto talking. They both noticed me and waved. Dylan said, "First day and you're already late. What's next, the record for quickest firing?" I rolled my eyes and said, "Haha, very funny. Anyways, got your flashlights?" Dylan pulled his flashlight out and Pluto pulled out theirs. Pluto said, "I think it's a good idea we have these. This place is creepy, and does the power even work? Also, why did we choose this as a job again?" I shrugged and Dylan looked up at the sign. He then pulled out a folded piece of paper from his pocket and unfolded it. The paper had a picture of a boy with brown hair, brown eyes, a red jacket, and a wooden marionette doll. The bottom said, MISSING-Bryan De'Vil Contact 319-373-4793 if seen. I sighed and put my hand on Dylan's shoulder, "Look, I'm sorry man. But you gotta stop beating yourself up about this" Dylan kept on staring at the paper until he closed his eyes and sighed. He opened his eyes again and folded the paper, putting it back in his pocket. "It's fine, besides, what's done is done. Can't change the past, can't change what I regret." Pluto put their hand on their hip and shook their head, "You do know none of this is your fault, right? You couldn't have done anything.  The person to blame is whoever was wearing that damn SpringBonnie suit." Dylan didn't say anything. The atmosphere felt very awkward, so I did what any friend would do, "Well moving on from this, why don't we go off, guard this creepy maybe haunted hellhole from who knows what, and probably die." Pluto grinned and looked at Dylan, they and I were waiting for Dylan to say something.  (Please say something stupid that might jinx us more, come on.)  After a few moments, Dylan smirked, "Alright, the first day on the job. What's the worst that could happen, ghosts or undeniable guilt and grief anyone?"