Chapter 10 : Quiet before Storm

3-19-1985 1:27 pm

Valerie POV:

"JUST LEAVE ME HERE! I DON'T WANNA GO!" "Bryan, sweetheart, please. We just need a distraction. But I can't leave you alone since you're too young." Standing in front of Bryan's bedroom door, Anna was trying to get him to come out. I was holding Dylan while making sure he didn't drop his plush. Ever since we found out about my brain tumor. Things have been a lot more stressful lately. And since I work for Freddy Fazbear's Corporation, I thought a day at the pizzeria would be nice for the kids. "Bryan being stubborn again?" "OH, GOD!" Anna turned around to look at me, "Hewo Auntie Anna. Lolli says hi." Said Dylan, he lifted his peppermint sailor plush and grinned. Anna waved at the two of them. "Hi Dylan, hello Lolli. Valerie, you scared me. But yeah, Bryan won't open his door. Do you mind talking with him, he seems to listen to you a lot more than me?" I smiled, nodded, and then looked at Dylan, "Hey buddy, you wanna help me convince your brother to go with us to Freddy's?" Dylan shook his plush and its head tilted forward. Dylan smiled, "YES!" Anna and I laughed. She moved away from the door and I knocked. "Bryan, it's Valerie and Dylan. Can we talk with you?" I looked down and we all waited for a moment. The door creaked open and Bryan was looking at the ground. "Big Brother!" Said Dylan, Bryan looked up and gave a small smile, "Hi Dylan, hi Lolli. Valerie, I don't wanna go." Bryan looked at me and he looked on the verge of tears. I sighed, "Let's go sit on your bed." Bryan and I sat down on the bed while Dylan sat on the floor playing with his plush and a couple of toys Bryan left on the floor. "Bryan, why don't you want to go, I thought you loved Freddy's?" Bryan reached over to his bedside stand and grabbed his marionette doll. He stared at it for a few moments before saying, "I do love it. But it's scary at the moment." I raised an eyebrow, "Why is it scary?" Bryan pointed at a picture on his stand. It was a missing poster with a little girl. The girl had short brown hair, brown eyes, a gray shirt, black shorts, along with a green bracelet. The bottom of the poster said, MISSING-CHARLOTTE EMILY Call 319-649-7465 if seen. I sighed, "Bryan, I have an idea why she went missing and it probably wasn't because of Freddy's." Bryan squeezed his doll, "Why" I pulled Bryan close to me, "Charlotte was outside, in an alleyway where anyone could see her. So if anything happened, it was because a really bad person walked by, saw her, and took her. So as long as we stay inside the building and not in scary alleyways, we'll be fine." Bryan looked up, he was still nervous, but Bryan looked a bit more at ease. "Okay." Bryan then looked at Dylan. Dylan was stacking blocks together and putting his plush on top of them. Then he knocked them all down and rebuilt the stack. Bryan got off the bed and waved his marionette doll in front of Dylan to divert his attention, gave the doll to Dylan, and then started to pick up the blocks. I watched as Bryan slowly picked up the blocks. He looked worried about something, he had been worried ever since Charlotte went missing. Even though he never met the girl, it made me feel like he knew more than he would say. Bryan acted the same way when Matthew and Marcus were found dead. Bryan said that he was hiding in the closet and fell asleep, but when he woke up, he saw Marcus and Matthew dead and had a panic attack. I believed the panic attack bit, but something was off about his story. I never bothered him about it, but I knew there was more than what he said. We were near the pizzeria the day it happened and Bryan looked pale as a ghost after we walked by. Anna stood outside the door as she watched Bryan, she had the same suspicions, but like me, Anna never spoke of them. (What exactly did you see Bryan? And why won't you say anything? What scared you?) Dylan walked over to Bryan once he had finished picking up and held out the marionette, "Here you go." Bryan took the doll and then walked towards Anna, "I'm ready now, Mommy." Anna looked at me and said, "I'll see you at the car Valerie, okay." I nodded, "Alright, just let me grab some of Dylan's stuff and he and I will meet you and Bryan out." Anna walked out with Bryan and I looked back over at Dylan. He was sitting down and messing with the arms of his plush. "Hey, sweetie, can you help Mommy grab some stuff before we leave?" Dylan looked up at me and nodded. I helped him stand up and we walked down the stairs to the kitchen. I turned right and Dylan stopped walking and ended up jerking me back. "Mommy, the kitchen's that way." He said, pointing in the other direction. I nervously laughed, "Sorry Dylan, I'm still getting used to Anna's house." When the doctor diagnosed me, he mentioned that I should live with any close family members, so Dylan and I ended up living with Anna and Bryan. I'm still trying to figure my way around the place. I grabbed some snacks from the cupboard for Dylan and when I turned around, he had his backpack for me to pack. But his head was down, "Dylan, sweetie. What's wrong?" Dylan looked up and I gasped, his face was covered in tears. "Is big brother okay? He's been really sad ever since Daddy and Uncle Marcus went away." I looked away from Dylan and rested my hand on the counter, (He's too young to understand. How do I say this?) I breathed in and breathed out and said, "Dylan, you're a little young to understand this, but your brother is going through some things that we just need to give him a bit of space on." He tilted his head to the side, "What kind of things?" I started putting items in the bag as I spoke, "You know about your brother's panic attacks? Bryan is having a harder time with things than other kids his age, so to help him, we need to give him some space, but also be there when he needs it. Even if Bryan denies it, alright. Can you make sure to do that for me?" Dylan looked at his plush and then at me, he gave a thumbs-up and nodded, "Mm-hmm" I smiled, "Great, now let's get going, we can't keep Anna and Bryan waiting now can we?" Dylan took the backpack, put it on, and ran to the door. I slowly walked and followed Dylan and I found him outside with Anna and Bryan. He and Bryan were speaking with each other excitedly and Anna was helping them both into the car. Once we were all in the car, I turned around and said, "Everyone ready for a magical time at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria?"