Chapter 14 Pt-1 : What Happened?

Author Note:  As you can see with the part 1 on the top, this is part 1 of a two-part chapter.  Just wanted to make some clarity for those who were confused, but part 2 should come out pretty soon.  So you hopefully won't have to wait too long.  That's all, happy reading.  

10-8-1999 12:13 am

Third POV:

A nightguard wandered the factory, eyes gleaming in determination. He was here for four nights and was ready for the fifth. "Alrighty, Adrien, 13 minutes into the fifth night. I am going to find out the truth tonight. I can feel it." Adrien walked through the dark factory quietly. He had experience from the first night that made him stay quiet. Adrien stopped in a seemingly safe area and pulled out a large blueprint. He spoke quietly, "Okay, so I'm near the part of the factory where the original Freddy and the Gang hang around. I've kept this area for last. Hopefully, I can find something, and then I'll look at Candy's burger and fries part of the factory." Adrien folded up the factory blueprint and began walking down a hallway. He reached a door covered in words written in oil. Don't come. We remember. Know what you did. His fault. Leave us alone. Kill him. Coward. Traitor. Liar. Murderer. Adrien shivered, "Well, this is definitely unnerving. Now I know why I don't see the originals as often as everyone else. They're malfunctioning and don't want anyone around them. Why haven't they been fixed yet?" Adrien looked back down the hallway and took a deep breath. "No turning back now. Let's find out what happened to Bryan." Adrien slowly opened the creaking door. He entered a large party room with a tall stage. Tables and chairs with napkins and plates were scattered around. And four metal doors sat at the four corners of the room. Beside each door were a button and lock mechanism. And on each door was a silhouette, each silhouette was the face of one of the four animatronics. Freddy, Foxy, Chica, and Bonnie. Adrien approached the door with Freddy on it. He pressed the button and it opened into a small party room with a stage. On the stage was Freddy Fazbear himself. "Whoa, creepy." Said Adrien in shock and awe. Adrien walked around the party room, looking for clues. But as soon as he got near the stage, Freddy turned on. "HELLO, KIDS! W-W-W-Welcome to F-F-F-F-Freddy Faaazzbeear's P-P-P-Pizzeria. I'm F-Freddy, and I c-c-c-can't wwwwait for the b-b-birthday party tooooday." Freddy's jerked around on stage as he sang his songs for a few minutes. Giving Adrien time to continue looking around. As Adrien started to walk towards the door, Freddy stopped singing. The joyful bear stood on the stage, staring right at Adrien. "Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-You shhhhhouldn't b-b-be here." Adrien turned around in shock. "F-Freddy? You shouldn't be able to do that." Freddy stepped off the stage and tilted his head. He spoke in a child's voice, "Afton, you should be dead. You should be gone. We know what you did." Adrien stepped back. Feeling nervous he asked, "Freddy, what are you doing? And why did you call me Afton? What did he do?" Freddy slammed a fist into one of the tables and yelled, "DON'T PLAY STUPID WITH ME! YOU RUINED US! Took us away, we just want to go home. Our party's over, why can't we leave? Why are you still here? If you don't leave, it seems like we need to teach you a lesson by killing you again." "A-Again?" Adrien backed away closer to the door. Freddy's movements became more human-like instead of robotic as he slowly walked toward Adrien. Adrien studdered as he glanced to the door and back to Freddy, "L-Look. I d-don't know what happened here other than kids g-going missing. But I'm not William Afton, m-my name's Adrien. I-I'm looking for someone. Or a clue on what happened. W-W-Would you have any idea what happened t-to a-a boy named Bryan?" Freddy stopped moving toward Adrien and stared right into his eyes. His voice turned back to normal as he spoke, "You aren't like you are normally, Afton." "That's because I'm not him. My name is Adrien and I've already said that. Why do you keep thinking I'm William Afton?" Asked Adrien, desperately. He was getting closer to the door just in case he needed to lock it shut. But after a few moments, Freddy's blue eyes flickered until they were pitch black. White pupils then appeared and Freddy's hostile stare turned into concern and fear. The child-like voice came back as Freddy rested his hand on the side of his head. He calmly asked, "Why are you here? I would have thought the door was enough to scare you away." Adrien looked to the door and back to Freddy, "I'm here because I'm trying to figure out what happened to my friend. The door was odd, but I assumed that was malfunctioning on your end." Freddy tilted his head slightly and his eyes gleamed with curiosity. "What was your friend's name?" Adrien hesitated before speaking. This animatronic did just look like it was about to kill him before. But Adrien decided he would take his chances for now. "I thought I already told you?  His name was Bryan, and he went missing at Freddy Fazbear's pizzeria 14 years ago. Do you know what happened to him?" Freddy's eyes widened, and he stared past Adrien. Freddy then pointed toward the door across the party room. On the door was the silhouette of Bonnie. "Chica, Foxy, and I weren't aware that year. If you want information, you talk to Bonnie. But when you leave my room. Please, lock the door. No one named Adrien shows up in my systems. And intruders normally die. So I don't know how much longer you have before security mode activates. But I think you're someone I can trust. Sorry, I assumed. Afton keeps coming back here.  So I thought you were him." Adrien looked at Bonnie's door and back to Freddy, "Are you sure it's Afton? Maybe it's other nightguards?" Freddy shook his head. "No, Afton's been here, even after he dies. I'd watch out. But you'll know it's him when you see him. He has that vibe." Freddy's body twitched. He walked back to the stage and stood back on the charger. But right before he shut down, he spoke sincerely, "And when you speak with Bonnie, don't do anything too badly. He's sensitive and fragile. So when you speak with him, make sure you're careful. He can get pretty hostile. And we aren't just sentient animatronics. Keep that in mind when you speak with Bonnie. It'll make sense later." Adrien nodded and exited the room. He then shut the door and pressed the lock. Then he leaned against the wall and took some deep breaths. "Oh, my god. I think I about died. Heh. Now I am being sent on a breadcrumb trail, and hopefully not a wild goose chase." Adrien sat down at one of the chairs to process the event that just happened, and plan on what to do next. After about 20 minutes, Adrien got up and walked toward Bonnie's door. "Alright Adrien, you can do this. Just be careful about how you approach this, and maybe all your questions will be answered. But what did Freddy mean by they weren't just sentient animatronics?" Adrien shook his head, "Don't worry about that. You can do this. It's now or never." Adrien pressed the button, and when the door opened. You could hear the wind blowing through as if the past came to say hello. One, last, time. Some may call it reliving your entire life before you die. But, as the one in control of the strings, and as the one who watches the dead children. I call it, finding your regrets, and knowing nothing will be the same ever again.