Chapter 8 : Memories lost in the Shadows

Author note: Lefty here, just as a heads up. The scene where Nobe meets Bryan and Steve is slightly different considering how my last chapter ended with Bonnie lying on the floor in front of the computer.

11-29-22

Shadow Bonnie POV:

(It's been about 15 days since I saw Glamrock Bonnie, I might as see how he's doing.) Walking into the pizzeria, no one was around. I didn't see anyone in the daycare, no one on the third floor, or anywhere. (You do realize you haven't checked the basement, right?  I do realize that. I was going to do that.  No, you weren't. You completely forgot about that, didn't you?  N-NO! Maybe? Fine, yes. I forget how you're in my head. Caught me by surprise. Let's head downstairs, and remember, if I'm pointing at something, point..... it....... OUT! Okay, okay, jeez. Once again, am I ever going to get your name? No, not until you remember yourself. What's that supposed to mean? FIGURE IT OUT! Alright, fine. Now be quiet.) I started to walk down the stairs into the basement when I heard lots of yelling. "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!" "I DON'T KNOW! BRYAN AND I FOUND HIM ON THE GROUND MALFUNCTIONED!"  I walked down the stairs and saw the door to parts and service was opened. Steve was there, along with Lolbit, Glamrock Helpy was typing code on a laptop, and Bryan was frantically looking for tools and parts. And lying on the floor with a bunch of cords connecting him to the computer, was Bonnie. "WHAT GOING ON?!" Lolbit looked over at me and said, "I don't know, ask Steve." "HEY! I don't know what's going on either, Bryan and I found him on the floor like this when we were with that weird rabbit." Glamrock Helpy turned around and asked, "What weird rabbit?" "The black and white one in the warehouse, DON'T TALK TO IT! We'll worry about that later." Said Bryan, still looking for tools. "Did you guys try turning him on?" "I think it would have been the first thing Bryan tried." Said Helpy. I looked at Bonnie and tried to figure out what would have happened. It was only then that I realized Bryan had grabbed a bunch of hard drives and power regulators. "Bryan, you know what happened, don't you." He stopped what he was doing and put his face into his hand, "I have a hunch. But I can't test that hunch until I get him powered on and his regulators are on the fritz." Bryan picked up the box of stuff and walked over to Bonnie. "The problem with Bonnie is that I couldn't remake his power source or endoskeleton, otherwise he would just be a suit that doesn't move at all. The way he was designed made it nearly impossible for me to move his systems to another animatronic suit and his remnant is another issue I'd rather not dig into right now. So I need to find out what is making him glitch out without damaging any of his systems." That was when it hit me, Bryan knew about Remnant. I wasn't there when Bryan fixed the animatronics in the original pizzeria, nor did I watch him build the Glamrocks. But by the looks of it, Bryan had experience fixing animatronics with remnant. We all watched as Bryan replaced the new regulators with patience and precision. When he was done, Bryan took a deep breath and said, "Okay Helpy, turn him on." Glamrock Helpy pressed the enter key on the laptop and Bonnie powered on, he sat up and looked around. Lolbit approached him, "Bonnie, you good? What happened?" Bonnie tilted his head up and looked in the direction of the staircase. "Running diagnostics." "Um, Bryan? What is he doing?" Asked Steve. Bryan held out his hand, motioning him to wait. "Diagnostic complete. Bonnie Model 001, current status, broken." Bryan opened up Bonnie's back and grabbed a wrench, "Can you tell me what's broken BM 001?" We all stood around waiting for an answer, "Voice not recognized cannot answer." I facepalmed, "Oh great unless we get Afton talking or something, he won't answer." Lolbit said in confusion, "Why Afton?" Bryan answered for me, "Bonnie's systems are from the 1980s, meaning unless you have an employee that worked at Freddy Fazbear's in his world, we're stuck. And I really don't want to take him apart piece by piece to figure out what's wrong. Because who knows, my hunch might be wrong and his remnant isn't disconnected. He just pulled the wrong wire and now I have to figure out which one." "Hate to break it to you, but at this point, Bonnie and I are the only ones left from our world. It's not like we can go through the portal and find whatever remains of our world since nothing remains. As Afton said in his dying words, 'Nothing shall remain, not me, and not you'."  Bonnie suddenly dinged, "Employee of Freddy Fazbear's Corporation recognized. Name-Classified. Directive-Nightguard of Freddy Fazbear's Animatronic Warehouse and Factory. Started March 19-2002 with two other employees. First Employee-Classified, Second Employee-Dylan De'Vil." Everyone grew quiet. I felt as if I was hit by a truck and then shot. I brought my right hand to my bowtie and held onto it tightly. I fell onto my hands and knees and heard nothing but ringing. Everyone's voices were so far away, and I could only see purple and glitching. I shut my eyes and reopened them once the ringing stopped. Parts and Service turned into a storage room with a dead body in front of me. It was a man with blonde hair and brown eyes that were dull and empty. A knife was sticking out of his forehead and I heard the laughing of someone I never thought I'd hear again. I could feel tears dripping from my eyes and when I looked down at my hands to see they were the same as when I turned human, I also wore a nightguard uniform like in the photo Bonnie and I found. I looked to my right and saw a blue Bonnie model staring at the body with oil leaking from his pitch-black eyes with white glowing pupils. When I looked up, an old SpringBonnie suit was rusted green and rotten. His eyes glowed green and flickered to a bright purple. Behind him were cracks and everything turned white, it was as if the world was crumbling away. The SpringBonnie suit spoke in a raspy, ragged voice, "Nothing shall remain, not me, and not you." He grinned maliciously and stepped backward. The suit started to crack and fade, and he waved goodbye as we watched him die. The monster wanted this, he wanted us dead, even if he wouldn't survive in the process. The Bonnie model was pulled away, screaming a name I couldn't hear by a Foxy model that was beginning to look like claws were growing from its hands. I got up and started to run behind them; leaving the body behind and trying to beat the cracks. Something dripped from the ceiling and fell onto my arm. It looked like ink, but I ignored it for now. We reached an area safe from the crumbling world, and when we could finally rest, I looked at my arm. The ink-like substance was dark, but not so dark you could see it was purple. As I reached to touch it, the substance spread and grew across my body. I fell to the ground and started coughing, it hurt so much. It was as if I was being burned alive. I just wanted this to end, I wanted the grief and guilt to end, I just wanted to forget. I suddenly began to hear a voice. It felt familiar so I tried to move toward it. "HELLO! WHO'S THERE?!" "Bonnie, you there bud?.................. Bonnie wake up............. Bonnie?.......SHADOW BONNIE!"