Chapter 16 : Them

1-27-23

Glamrock Bonnie POV:

Freddy, Steve, and I were just talking on the stage when Bryan came in. Ever since I shut down a couple of months ago, lots of things have happened. Bryan got stuck in a car crash with Gregory, they're okay, at least I think. Shadow Bonnie and Orville went wandering again. I tried going to the moon on a jetpack, that was fun, unfortunately, I couldn't do it before Bryan stopped me though. Bryan checked up on us and made sure we were all okay. And then a certain someone walked in. "Um. HELLO?!" They were far away, but I could tell who it was the second I heard their voice. Bryan turned around since he wasn't facing the entrance and said, "Uh, we're closed for the day. What exactly are you doing here? And who are you?" The person standing at the bottom of the staircase was Adrien. They looked lost, but at the same time, Adrien seemed like they knew they were right where they needed to be. Adrien looked confused for a moment before they clicked their tongue and said, "Tch, right. You don't remember me." Bryan stared at Adrien for a moment before he snapped his fingers and pointed at Adrien. "Wait. I remember now. You were at the Halloween party, right?" Adrien nodded and smiled. "Yep. That's me, I had the pumpkin on my head." (They've already met?) I could barely focus on the conversation between them. I was busy not having a panic attack. Steve asked Adrien a whole bunch of questions, and Freddy was eyeing them suspiciously. All I knew is that I didn't want Adrien here any longer. Didn't want him to hear something he shouldn't. Before I said something by mistake or someone else did. Once I knew I could approach the four of them. I tapped Bryan on the shoulder. He glanced over to me and asked, "Yeah, Bonnie. What is it?" I motioned Bryan away from Adrien, Freddy, and Steve, and once we were far enough away, I said, "I don't think they should be here. I didn't focus on much of the conversation since I was still on stage, but didn't they say Dylan fired them." Bryan quickly looked at the other three and then back to me. "I don't know why Dylan fired them. But they said I knew them at one point." Bryan paused and sighed before continuing, "Maybe they know more about my Dad. And I don't exactly wish to speak with Anna or Vincent." Unfortunately, I knew why. But I didn't say anything about it. I didn't tell Bryan or anyone else other than Shadow Bonnie what I began remembering. I felt like I should tell Bryan, but I had no idea if our father's death happened the same way. Whether Bryan saw it, I had no clue. But if he didn't see it like I did, I didn't want to give him that burden. Bryan rested his right hand on my left shoulder and said, "Don't worry. I'm just going to speak with them." Bryan began to walk away before I grabbed him by the wrist, "Please. Just make sure they leave once you're done. I don't think it's a good idea if they stay any longer." He stared at me for a moment. Bryan could tell something was up, but I think he also knew I wouldn't tell him. Bryan looked down and sighed, "I don't know how this conversation will go. But if it doesn't go well, they'll most likely leave. Okay?" I let go of Bryan and nodded. Bryan walked toward the group and even though I didn't hear what they were saying. I knew what was most likely being said. Adrien and Bryan walked upstairs and once they were gone, Freddy walked over to me. He asked, "Hey, are you okay? You seemed shaken up the whole time. Also, your ears are down." I didn't respond, I just kept staring at the stairs. "Bonnie?" "Huh, oh yeah. I'm fine." I said, giving a smile and making my ears straight again. That is one of the many things I do that I hope to never lose. I continued speaking, "I'm just a little suspicious of this person. They did just walk up and say they knew Bryan at one point, so." Freddy nodded, Steve then walked over, "Wow, that was so weird. Right?" He sounded excited. Freddy looked over at the stairs and said, "Yeah, it was. I don't trust that Adrien person. Do you?" Steve shrugged and said, "Wellllll, we haven't gotten to know them yet. Maybe they aren't bad. What do you think Bonnie?" I stared past Steve. Crossing my arms and narrowing my eyes, I said with anger in my voice, "I don't think they should be here. With how they held themself, I don't think they know about things like the portal. But they're close, and I'd rather not have another person find out. Considering how bad I am with secrets, I might try to stay away from them if they do stay. You should do the same, Steve." I glanced over to Steve when I told him to do the same. He seemed confused and sad, "But...I wanna be friends with them." I shook my head, before I said something again, Freddy said, "I agree with Bonnie. I don't think it's a good idea. We don't want them to find out about the portal. Maybe you can interact with him at times. But I'd rather it not be all the time. Especially when things get tense." Steve slumped his shoulders, "Awww." He looked fairly disappointed. But I didn't want there to be a risk of Adrien finding out. And I would love it if I decrease the number of times I interact with them. "Okaaay, I'm going to the warehouse to pout." Said Steve as he walked behind the stage. Freddy sighed, "He doesn't understand why he shouldn't speak with Adrien, does he?" I shook my head, "No. Though I'd rather not speak with Adrien." "Why?" Asked Freddy. I responded, "Because I don't wanna say something wrong, and I don't trust them." (I also don't want to interact with them or give them any ideas considering how nosy they can be.) Freddy nodded in agreement and said, "Yeah. I don't trust them either."

10 minutes later

After sitting in the main room for around 10 minutes. Bryan came down with Adrien. They both seemed happy. (That's not good.) Bryan said happily, "Alright you two. Adrien's now going to be the nightguard. Since they don't really have a job at the moment, they'll work here." (God damn it.) I felt my eye twitch. (Bryan, I hate you.) I, unfortunately, couldn't say anything. But instead of getting angry, I said with a strained tone, "That's.......great. I'm gonna head upstairs to the daycare. Tell Sun and Moon if either of them is on." Freddy glanced at me, he could tell something was wrong and how upset I was about this. Too bad I was never going to tell him, or anyone. But I didn't trust them with my past. It's enough that they know what I was before Bryan fixed me and where I came from. They don't need to know my guilt. Adrien eyed me suspiciously, they seemed to know something was off as well. They began to ask, "Bonnie do you-" "I GOTTA GO! See you three around, if anyone wants to look for Steve, he's in the warehouse. Bye." I said, hastily. Then I walked upstairs and once I was far enough away, I leaned against a wall and slid onto the ground. "That was close." I knew it wasn't a good idea for me to leave so suddenly, but I couldn't in a 5 feet radius of Adrien anymore. It just bothered me too much. The idea of losing control and hurting them was too much. (Don't stay anywhere near them. You can't be controlled like a puppet like you used to. Maybe it's better.) ............. (No, I don't want to hurt them again.) I looked at my hands. The memory of blood flashed through my mind. I shook my head. I then threw my hands over my face and screamed into them. It was muffled, so thankfully no one would have heard unless they were anywhere near me. "Fuck. Not good. Not good at all. Why out of all people that Bryan hires as a nightguard, why out of all people does it have to be Adrien?" I stared at the daycare entrance glumly, (Maybe he's not as pushy as mine. And hopefully, I don't have to interact with him much. Because I'm dead again otherwise.)