Chapter 13 : Visiting Family and Friends

3-19-2002 7:03 am

Pluto POV:

Dylan and I were quiet on our way to the cemetery. It was really unnerving. Jake was in the car behind us since he drove here by himself. But I wanted Jake's vibe in the car to balance the silence. I turned on the radio and after switching through probably 10 stations, I gave up. We had Puddle Of Mudd by Blurry playing for the next who knows how long. Other than the radio now playing, it was still quiet. We reached a stoplight and I side-glanced at Dylan. He held a photo of him, his dad, and his brother, and an arrangement of flowers was in his lap.

Sighing, I finally broke our silence, "Dylan, are you sure you can take this job?" Dylan looked at me in confusion while asking, "Why do you ask?" I motioned toward the picture in his hand, and Dylan immediately looked away from me. The light turned green, and the silence between us came back. The only thing that could be heard was the radio. After about 15 minutes, we finally reached the cemetery. Like every year before, Dylan walked into the cemetery, took a left, and sat in the grass. He sat in front of seven gravestones. Each one was for a close member of his childhood. In front of the gravestones, he put one flower in front of each one for respect. Jake walked up with a bouquet and stood next to me. He spoke loud enough for me to hear but for Dylan to not hear, "Hey, is he alright? I don't know how he took the first night, and I was hoping you two maybe talked about it while in your car." I shook my head. "No, we were silent the entire time. I asked him if he was sure about the job once, but he ignored me for the rest of the drive. This place hurt Dylan a lot. I'm surprised he hasn't done anything to destroy or curse out Fazbears. I probably would have" Jake stared at the gravestone Dylan sat in front of. I read the words in my head. (Bryan De'Vil 1976, September 30th through 1985, March 19th. A shy heart ended too soon. That's one way to put it.) Jake placed the bouquet in front of Bryan's grave and then walked back to me. He quietly said, "I know I've said this before, but something doesn't add up every time I look at the case. Last seen with a SpringBonnie Mascot, blood in parts and service, but no body was found. The bodies of the other missing kids were assumed to be in the suits and then found. Where was his, if he was even killed? Maybe Bryan's still alive or something. We can't just say he's dead and move on, right? And what exactly happened to Adrien? I know he got out of foster care once he was old enough. But where did he go? It's like he never existed." I stayed silent. Jake had studied the missing children cases as a couple of school assignments and noticed how different Bryan's and Charlotte's deaths were from the rest. Charlotte was left outside in an alleyway and said dead because she went missing for so long. The body still hadn't been found. Bryan was said to be dead because of the blood in parts and service, and then the place closed permanently and relocated. After relocation, more kids went missing. But they were found inside all the suits except for Bonnie's suit. He had been malfunctioning and was in repairs for that year. Then all the animatronics were shoved inside the factory. The company didn't want to scrap the animatronics for some odd reason. And then Adrien went missing somewhere near the factory a few years ago. It still bothered Jake. I sighed and said the same thing I told Jake every time he mentioned this before. "Jake, remember, the pizzeria had to relocate after what happened with Bryan. He's most likely dead due to the amount of blood found, and they were probably able to get rid of the body during relocation. Who knows, it might have been in the Bonnie animatronic originally. That may have been why it was in repairs. Plus, Adrien could just be off the grid. Bryan was close to him, and Adrien may have wanted to find out what happened. Maybe he's hiding or staying low because Fazbear Corporation didn't want him getting into something they covered up, or he already found something." Jake glared at the gravestones in silence. I could tell he was angry about the subject. But instead of continuing, I walked up to Dylan and quietly asked. "Are you okay?" Dylan spoke shakily as his body shook, "Y-Yeah. Just give me a few more minutes. I want," He stopped, and I could see the tears begin to fall from his eyes. Dylan took a few breaths to calm himself before he said. "I want some more time with the seven of them before we go. That includes Vincent." I looked at all the gravestones and bowed my head in respect. "Jake and I will both be waiting for you by the cars. Take as much time as you need." I said. Dylan looked up at me and smiled while saying. "Thanks, Pluto. I'll see you and Jake when I'm done." I smiled and walked back over to Jake. He stared at Bryan and Adrien's graves for a few moments before turning to walk back to the cars. Once we reached them, we stood waiting and talking about the last night. After about half an hour, Dylan walked through the cemetery gates and looked behind us. "You ready to go?" Asked Jake. Dylan nodded and said, "Yeah, I'm ready now. We should probably head back to our apartments. Need to rest up for tonight. And also make sure we have a plan walking into the second night. I don't think we can spend our nights inside the storage room in that part of the factory the whole time." I grinned and spoke optimistically, "Yeah, we don't want to get fired on our first week. Besides, the first week will be good for exploring the factory and knowing how to get around it. Just in case we need to make a break for it." I looked at Jake for that last bit, and he looked back in confusion. "What, why are you looking at me?" I smugly smiled as I said, "You're the one that gets scared more than we do." "DO NOT! Back me up here, Dylan." Dylan shook his head, "Sorry, Jake. I've got to agree with Pluto here." Jake groaned in disappointment, "Come on, guys. Can you blame me?" "Actually, yes, I can." I retorted. Dylan yawned and stretched his arms, "Come on you two. Can we just go home so we can rest? I don't feel like we need to be here anymore than we need to." I yawned and said, "Alright, fine, your tiredness is contagious anyway. Let's get going." Jake got into his car while Dylan and I got into ours. I stared into the cemetery before starting the car and driving off. As we drove, I fought to stay awake and watched Dylan. He dozed off silently and seemed so peaceful. Yet I knew there was something behind that tranquil silence. There always was. (Dylan, how long until you break? And will I be there to help?)

"Pluto, Pluto, Pluto. You are perfect for me and everyone else here. Welcome to Wonderland."