Chapter 5 : Thoughts

11-18-2022

Glamrock Bonnie POV:

After finding the photo, Shadow Bonnie stayed with me while we continued to go through the box. He left a day later. I was sitting on the stage, dangling my legs over the edge while holding my marionette doll. It was one of the last things I had left from. . . them. A few feet away, Steve, Roxanne, Glamrock Helpy, and Lolbit were talking, and I was unaware of Moon standing behind me.   Lolbit scolded Glamrock Helpy, "No, you don't attack human beings with knives. That will get you scrapped and shut the pizzeria down." Glamrock Helpy responded, "I'm not attacking them, I'm just chasing them around. So I should be fine." Roxanne jumped in, "You will still get shut down. Hey Bonnie, back us up here." I didn't respond, I didn't hear anything at that moment. The only thing I heard was the screams of Nightguards. (Wait, DON'T HURT ME PLEASE! AHHH! BRYAN IT'S ME! IT'S DYLAN! Wait a minute, Dylan? Did I know Dylan?) "BONNIE!" I snapped out of my thoughts to see Lolbit standing over me. "H-Hey Lolbit. Do you need anything?" He looked irritated. "Are you okay? Roxanne asked you something and you didn't answer her. Were your transmitters not responding or something? You were also just staring into space for the past five minutes." I felt a finger on my head and looked up to see Moon. "Did you four not notice how focused he was on the doll? I would like to know one, where the hell you even got the doll, and two, why are you so interested in it." Steve, Roxanne, and Glamrock Helpy all looked at each other and then at the three of us. Everyone seemed concerned, but Moon looked more interested in my behavior. Figures, but I ended up spacing out again. Lolbit snapped his fingers and that caught my attention. "S-Sorry, just been thinking about a lot of things lately." As I was speaking, I looked down at the marionette doll. Glamrock Helpy walked up to me and scanned my marionette and myself. They seemed confused, "That's different." Steve got off the stage to stand in front of us. "What's wrong, Helpy?" Helpy pointed at me. "He and the doll have weird energy signatures. The signatures aren't like Glitchtrap, but they've shown up recently." Moon was poking my ears which bothered me quite a lot, "Moon, could you stop?" "No." I sighed, (Of course. Of course.) Roxanne pushed Moon away and also shooed away everyone else. "Give him some space. I'm curious and worried as well, but Bonnie needs space. Didn't anyone see how he and Shadow Bonnie were after their talk downstairs?" (Roxanne? Heh, thanks.) She turned around to give me a thumbs-up, and I smiled back. "Thanks, Roxanne, but I may have a small hunch about what Helpy was scanning." Lolbit sat down at a table and asked, "So, what do you think Helpy was scanning?" I slightly squeeze the doll. I can't squeeze it like a plush since it's wood, but it's comforting as if it was a soft plush. Maybe that's why I loved it so much, or because it was a gift. "The fact that I'm from another planet and world would have been my first guess. But Helpy would have already noticed my signatures. I think it's my remnant. Seems like I've agitated myself slightly, meaning I'm gonna have to be more careful."

Educational Remnant session: Remnant in my AU is an energy source Afton used to help power the animatronics and make them act more human and life-like. It's the essence of the souls in a visible form of matter. But it's not actually the souls. Although after a while, people figured out how to program the AI to match what the remnant did. So remnant wasn't needed as a power source or form of code. So if someone was created before the remnant effects were mimicked, then if they glitch out and the systems say, REMNANT MISSING! Then you can't activate the animatronic unless you find the remnant again. Which isn't hard depending on the soul, and there are three ways this can work. Number one, the spirit can find its own way back. Number two, specific animatronics have a remnant searching mode, so the animatronic could be walking until it either needs to charge or finds the remnant and gets it back in its systems. Lastly, number three, you get unlucky and the animatronic can't search for the soul, you go looking for it yourself. Back to the story. 🙂

"Hold on, you have remnant?" Asked Moon. I answered him, "Yeah, in my world, I was the original Bonnie. So it meant-" "You were one of the first kids that went missing, weren't you?" Glamrock Helpy asked. I was shocked, I didn't think they knew that information. Glamrock Helpy's been looking into a lot of stuff though lately, so I didn't think anything of it, but it still hurt to hear that. Steve was silent and looking down at his feet. I wasn't the only one who noticed, Roxanne saw as well. She got down from the stage and put a hand on Steve's shoulder, "Hey, you okay?" Steve looked up from his feet, "Oh, sorry. When I heard what Helpy said, I couldn't help but feel sad. I don't know why though." Lolbit looked at me and then at Steve. Lolbit had that look of sorrow and worry a mother normally had. He said, "Steve, what you're feeling is probably what Bryan would be feeling about this subject. Freddy was close to Bryan and was also one of the kids that Afton killed. So this would be a sore subject for them both if they were in the room. But let's change the subject, I can tell this also hits a nerve for Bonnie." I smiled at Lolbit and he smiled back. Moon sighed, "Alright fine. We'll stop talking about something I'm really interested in. HELPY, fill me in on this missing kid stuff later. But this still doesn't answer where you got the doll." I knew Moon wouldn't stop bugging me about it, so I gave him my answer, "It was a gift from a couple of family members. I carried it around everywhere as a kid after I got it." Roxanne then said, "Looks like it was hand carved. Did they do it themselves?" "Y-yeah, they did. They weren't professionals, but my father and brother did an amazing job." Glamrock Helpy was confused, "Father and brother?" It was then I realized what I said.  I remembered the younger boy in the photo with me and my family in it, but I thought that he was just a childhood friend. "Oh, sorry. I-I don't remember much from before my world was destroyed, so if I say or do something odd or different than normal. That may be me remembering something." I got off the stage, and everyone looked worried again, even Moon. But that may have just been curiosity. "Guys, hey I'm fine. Trust me, I've mostly gotten over this. It's not that bad." Steve ran up and hugged me, he whispered quietly enough for only me to hear, "I understand that my apology can't change what happened, but I want you to feel better. I'm sorry you got taken away from people you care about, and I know what that feels like." That was something I did not expect to hear today. After that whole thing, I walked towards the third floor to find the exit up to the roof. It was night, and the stars glowed brightly. I sat down, dangling my legs over the edge, and thought about what Steve had said. (Steve said, care, not cared. He didn't treat them as if they were dead, gone, wiped from existence. He said sorry, but it wasn't full of pity. Not like everyone else, not like what happened to Dad. Why is it now I finally begin to remember these things?) I pulled out two photos from my jacket. It was the Halloween photo and the one with Shadow Bonnie, me, and the other nightguard. "Heh, we look happy, happier than we've ever been lately. Wait a sec," I looked closer at the man with blonde hair and brown eyes. Then the young boy dressed as the peppermint sailor doll, I gasped, "Why didn't make this connection before, DYLAN!?"