07 Good Old Days

The next few days were exhausting, full of fevers, concussions, and medical care. It was almost too much for you to handle, but the guys knew you would get better. Ghost stayed with you, making sure you were alright and often gave you his over shirt to warm up, placing it over you like a blanket, he always wore a shirt under it.

The sound of music played gently, your eyes opened slowly. The sun had not risen yet so you were still sleepy. You looked over to a small radio on your bedside table, a note attached to it caught your attention.

'(Y/N),

This is a get well soon gift from us, but between you and me I wrote this note and bought the gift, I just added the guys in here so they felt proud. I read somewhere that music helps with these kinds of things, so let's hope this works! Get well soon.

Kyle "Gaz" Garrick'

You smiled a bit, the radio was playing old music, 'Can't Help Falling in Love' by Elvis Presley was playing, a great song to wake up to. You stretched a bit before feeling a stinging pain in your head. Looking down, you found your shoes, you put them on and grabbed a pair of sunglasses. After you get up and walk outside.

"(Y/N)!" Gaz called, you looked over and saw the young man run over to you, hugging you when he finally reached you. "I thought you'd never wake up, solider." He smiled, you nodded, sighing into his shoulder.

"Buenos Dias, (Y/N). It's good to have you back" Alejandro spoke, approaching both you and Gaz. "Hola, Alejandro." You said with a smile, the man chuckled, his hands rested on his belt.

"Are you any better?" Alejandro asked, you nodded, "I am, well, my head feels like an awful hangover." You say, Alejandro chuckles one more, "make sure not to over work yourself." He said with a smile, patting you on the back and leaving.

The smell of gasoline and heat was strong, the rest of your day was spent helping people out. Your body was physically exhausted by the end of the day.

You stayed up late and cooked yourself dinner, the living area you all lived in was like a small house. The smell of beans and toast was clogging your nose, the beans smelt gross but you knew it was all you could eat at the time.

It was almost an instinct for both Gaz and Price to come in, after all, they were British. Beans and toast were stereotypical British foods.

"Are you gonna save some for me?" Price chuckled, you smiled, "you two can have whatever I don't eat." Gaz laughs a bit, "oh come on! You can be our chef, just like you used to be back in the good old days." He says with a mocking American accent.

You smile, remembering the fun times you used to have with Gaz and Price. You felt yourself begin to become happy, truly happy. Something you hadn't felt since before Alex died.

You made them the food and put it on plates, you felt yourself smile as the two men ate your food like it was the last one they would ever eat.

A knock at the door happened and in came Soap, and soon you gave him some food to eat, the four of you just sat and talked for hours. Gaz and Price telling Soap about how badass you used to be.

"I don't doubt it, have you seen her combat skills?" Soap laughs, you roll you eyes with a smile, "oh please, you guys are way better than me." You chuckled, as the conversation ended a set of quiet footsteps interrupted you all.

Ghost stood in the doorway, looking at the food you all were eating. The boys were all getting ready to leave, "Ghost, nice to see you again." Price smiled, putting the plates away, your eyes met Ghost's and he stood there watching you wash the dishes.

Soap's lifted an eyebrow, remembering Ghost's act of kindness when you were sick. As the men left to go to their rooms Ghost didn't leave. You looked over at the large man before looking back down at the plates, "want something to eat?" You asked, he didn't say anything.

You took out some bread and put it in a toaster, as it began to cook Ghost sat down, watching you make him some food.

"When was the last time you ate?" You asked, Ghost took a while to respond, "I can go a long time without food." He stated, you shook your head a bit, "you need to eat, what if you get hurt? Your body needs the energy to heal, it's basic biology, Lieutenant." You say. Ghost stopped speaking and kept watching you make him the food.

Eventually you put the plate in front of him, he stared at the food for a while. "Thanks." He simply said, you nodded and smiled a bit, you left the room so he could lift his mask up over his mouth, respecting his privacy.