11 Sympathy

You woke up to a firm grip on your leg, your eyes fluttered open as the sounds of gunfire can be heard. "Get up!" Ghost shouted, grabbing your arm and dragging you out towards a rock. "What's happening?!" You shouted. "Get up and get moving! We're under fire!" He yelled, grabbing you and dragging you off and towards a truck.

Men fired at you, in a panic you grabbed your pistol and began shooting at them, Ghost watched as you did so in shock, it was making the enemies around you aware of where you two were.

"Put that thing away! Just dodge!" Ghost shouted, eventually Ghost found the truck Soap was driving, "hurry in! They're hot on our trail!" Soap shouted from the drivers seat. You quickly got on and helped Ghost up, Soap was driving and very quickly began to drive away.

The inside was small, but enough room to fit two people. The back of the truck smelled of weed and plastic, a big plastic tarp draped over the back of the truck.

You tried to catch your breath as Ghost scoffed in your face. "You need your reaction times to be quicker!" He shouted, a hint of anger in his voice. You looked at the man before shaking your head and ignoring him. "I'm speaking to you, soldier!" He continued to shout.

You whipped your body around and slapped him across the face, your anger had boiled over and you had finally snapped, "how's that for reaction time, you asshole!" You yelled back. Ghost stood there in silence for a few seconds, allowing what the hell just happened to settle in.

"Did you just hit me?" He questioned, his voice stern and almost horrifying. "Yes sir, I did," you responded, Ghost grabbed your face by your cheeks and looked you dead in the eye. "You don't get to hit me, ya hear?" He said coldly, you simply pulled away and turned away from him.

Ghost couldn't help but feel angry. His missions were perfect until you came along. You were a troubled soldier who lost your brother, 'but so what?' He thought to himself. Ignoring the face that you were shaking in the corner.

You hit him. Something you hated. You hated hitting people who were on your side. You had to do it a few times before when Alex was there with you, but you always had him to comfort you and tell you that they deserved it. But now you were alone.

The truck ride was long. The large tarp covering the back of the moving vehicle allowed you and Ghost to remain hidden in the back while Soap drove. It had been hours maybe, several hours.

"(Y/N)," a voice said from behind you, but you ignored it. "(Y/N), we need to talk," the masked man said from behind you. "No we don't, why can't you just leave me be?" You replied, only for his loud and heavy footsteps to be heard, he was waking towards you.

"You disrespected me," he spoke, standing above you as you began to shake a bit again. "I'm doing this because you're my responsibility," he continued. "I can handle myself, Lieutenant," you spoke, your voice beginning to break as you felt tears in your eyes.

Ghost went quiet for a bit, he sat down and just watched you, observing everything he saw. "You miss your brother, huh?" He spoke, his voice much gentler then it used to be. You simply nodded a bit but kept yourself from crying. Ghost sighed, "you can't let that take control of you, you need to push through...we have a mission, soldier."

You curled tightly into a ball and just held back your tears, it was true, you missed Alex. The man who was here for you through thick and thin was gone, any here you were, alone with a man who probably hated you.

"Johnny told me it's dark out, you should get some rest," he said, you shook your head softly and sniffled, feeling a sense of calm wash over you as an arm slowly wrapped around you.

"S-Sir...?" You questioned, "yeah?" Ghost responded. You froze up a bit and looked at the tall, masked man. "Are you...hugging me...?" You asked, Ghost shook his head, "no, I'm keeping you stable from falling, the road is getting bumpy," Ghost mumbled.

You began to relax as his smell hit your nose, the man smelt of the forest and cheap cologne. Something you were all too familiar with. Ghost's heartbeat was slow, he was so calm and relaxed. Eventually you began to feel yourself falling asleep in his arms.

"Goodnight, (Y/N)," Ghost spoke quietly, "Goodnight, Sir," you replied, falling asleep in his arms

(AN: hey folks! Just wanted to ask you guys for an opinion, would you guys like me to write another version of this story? It would be the same "Alex's sister" plot except it would be a lot more true to the new Modern Warfare 2 game, if so please let me know, I think it would be fun to write another version that's accurate to the game!)