Close Call - Lorraine Broughton

Requested by: LXSSO3NAT

"Y/n, keep guard of the door. I'll scope the place out." Lorraine demands. You nod, holding your gun out. As you're standing guard of the entrance, you hear bottles smash. "You alright in there, Lorraine?" you call, keeping your eyes on the outside world. There's no reply. You call out once more. "Lorraine? Where are you? Are you okay?" still no reply. You make sure no one is outside before heading in.

You hold your gun out, ready to fire if needed. "Oi, Lorraine?" you call. This time, you hear the faint sound of choking. You barge through the door. "Let her go, or I'll shoot." you shout, holding your gun steady. You can't shoot until Lorraine is safely out of the mans arm. It's too risky otherwise. "Put the gun down!" the man yells. As the man focuses on you, Lorraine folds forward, flipping the man onto his back.

Lorraine scrambles free, gasping for air. The man groans in pain. You quickly crouch down to make sure Lorraine is okay, and she is. As you're standing, the man hits you on the back with a broken chair leg. You stumble into the wall. "Fuck!" you yell. As you regain your balance, the man grabs a stray steak knife. You shoot at him before he can reach Lorraine who is still getting back on her feet.

"Ah, fuck. You bitch!" the man screams, blood oozing out of his arm. The man lunges at you with the knife. You dodge multiple swings. Just as you're about to shoot, the man plants the knife in your forearm, causing you to drop the gun. Before the man can grab the gun, you kick it over to the wall. Unfortunately, you didn't kick the gun far enough so the man will be able to get it before both you and Lorraine. However, he doesn't reach for it.

Still clutching the now blood stained knife, the man swings at Lorraine. You run at him, tackling him into the wall behind him. Lorraine runs over and picks up the gun. The man drops the knife. He kicks you back, causing you to knock into Lorraine who loses her unsteady grip on the gun. The weapon falls to the floor, free for the man to grab. He does.

He shift his aim from you to Lorraine, and back to you. Lorraine looks at you, giving you a knowing nod. "Hey, what's your name?" you ask, distracting the man. He keeps the gun pointed at you. "Why do you care? You're tryna kill me?" he asks, somewhat freaked out. "You've been tryna kill us too!" you shouts back. His full attention is on you, or so you and Lorraine both thought.

Lorraine sprints at the man, knocking him to the ground. As he falls, the gun fires. You collapse. "Y/n!" Lorraine yells. She steals the gun from the man and aims it at his head. Without a second thought, she pulls the trigger, planting a bullet in the centre of his forehead. She runs over to you, crouching beside you. "Fucking hell, Y/n. Are you okay?" she asks, frantically checking for bullet wounds. "I'm fine, Lorraine." you reply.

She continues checking for wounds. "Lorraine, I told you I'm fine." you say, grabbing her arm. Her worried gaze meets yours. "But-" she starts. "The bullet didn't get me. I dodged it." you explain. Her worried look stays. "Are you sure?" she asks. You place a hand on her bruised cheek. "Lorraine, listen to me. Other than the stab wound on my arm, I'm fine. The bullet didn't hit me. I promise." you say, reassuring her.

She drops her head, and takes a deep breath. She looks up, her gaze meeting yours again. You can tell she's very shaken up. You pull her onto you, being careful of your arm. You wince in pain as you raise it over her body, holding her. She pulls back all but ten seconds later. She looks at your lips, and before you can say anything, she pulls you forward and kisses you. A shocked look plagues your face as she pulls back. "Woah-" you manage. "I- sorry. I just-" Before she can finish her sentence, you grab her jacket and pull her onto you again, this time kissing her.

Her hands wrap around the back on your neck, yours still clutching the opening to her jacket. You both pull back at the same time, gasping for air. The shocked look is now on her face. You smile widely and she chuckles nervously. You both sit there in silence for a moment. Lorraine suddenly stands and pulls you up after. "Come on, Y/n. Let's get you out of her so we can clean that arm." she says, wrapping an arm around your waist as if you were going to fall. You rest your head on her shoulder.

"Mission complete." she says.

Mission complete.