Promise Rings (2) - Lorraine Broughton

The two weeks drag on slowly. Other than for work and grocery shopping, you'd hardly left the house. While reading on the couch, the telephone rings. You groan, standing. "Hello?" you answer. "Y/n, what are your plans for the day?" the person on the other end asks. "Val, hey. I was just gonna chill out at home-" you start. Valerie cuts you off. "Great. Meet Ruth, Renee, and I at Ruth's house. We're going shopping."

Before you can respond, she line cuts. "For fuck sakes." you say, laughing slightly. You get ready then head over to Ruth's. Once you arrive, you head in as the front door is open. "This is the best weather London has had in ages." Renee exclaims, staring out the window. "Morning Ladies." you say. All three women make their way over, greeting you with hugs. "Right, lovelys, lets get this show on the road!" Val says, cheerfully. You drive as your car is last in the driveway.

You and the girls spend hours trying on and buying clothes, as well as laughing. Although you're having fun, the thought of Lorraine never leaves your mind. She's due to come home any day now, but you haven't been unpdated. You fiddle with the ring Lorraine gave you, hoping she'll be home soon. Later that day, you drive the women back to Ruth's house. You wish the lovely girls farewell then head home.

As you unlock the door, something feels off. You poke your head through the door, only to be met by Lorraine leaning on the dining table. You drop your bags and keys. "Lorraine." you say, tears pooling in your eyes. She smiles. You run into her arm. You hold eachother tight. You lean back, moving both of your hands to her cheeks. "Oh, my dear, I'm so glad you're home. Are you okay? Did it go to plan?" you ask frantically. Before she can answer, you kiss her. "I'm okay, my love. Just scratched and bruised. And yes, it surprisingly went to plan. It's all over now, my love. We're free." she starts. She raises her arm, showing you the ring you gave her. She's wearing it.

"I kept my promise, my love. We're free to leave. I'm done. I'm done with it all." she finishes. You start crying, tears flowing non-stop. "Oh, thank god." you say, crying into her chest. She kisses your head. "I know, darling. We can leave. Where ever you want, we'll go." she adds. You sob loudly. Relief flows through you like blood. You pull back, still crying. "It's finally over." you say. She nods, wiping your tears. "Yes, my darling. It's over." she assures.

You step back, holding her hands. "Wait, did the girls-" you start. Lorraine nods. "I got them to take you out so I could surprise you." she cuts in. You kiss both of her hands. You notice dried blood up near her shoulder. "Oh dear, lets get you cleaned up." you suggest, dragging her towards the bathroom.

A.N: Had a little cry while writing this lmao