Printing Room - Elaine Markinson

You lean on a desk, waiting for your files to finish printing. The printer had been giving you assholes prior to this moment, but you managed to fix it. As you're waiting, completely out of patience, you hear heels clacking on the floor behind you.

You sigh, looking to your left. "Miss Markinson." you say with a tired smile. "Miss Y/l/n, how are you?" she asks. She presses a few buttons on one of the printers then walks back over to you. "Pissed off and impatient." you reply. "Oh lovely." she says sarcastically. "How are you?" you ask. "Frustrated and a little restless." she answers.

You laugh. "Well, aren't we both having an amazing day." she laughs with you. "What's got you upset?" you ask, checking your printing. "More like who." she corrects. You roll your eyes. "Richard." She nods. "Correct." you sigh. "What's he done wrong this time?" you ask. She leans on a free printer. "Everything." she snorts. You laugh again.

"What's got you pissed off?" she asks, throwing her head back. "Rusk sent me down here to get him his printing. Didn't tell me the one he sent it to was fucking broken. Just spent the last ten minutes trying to fix the fucking thing." you explain. She shakes her head. "I'm this close to quitting, I swear to god." you tell her, raising her hand. "I'm about this close to selling him my share of the company." she responds.

"Imagine if he lost us both." you laugh. "He'd be in deep shit." she laughs back. You sigh. "I say we do it. I say we both leave. Watch his little world burn." you tell her. "That would be a dream." she says. You nod. "It would be."

As you both stand there in a comfortable silence, your printer spits out the last sheet of paper of the files. You reach down and grab them. As you do that, Elaine grabs hers. You both walk over to the table in the middle of the room. You both reach for the stapler. Your hand touches hers. You pull it back. "Oh, you can use it." she tells you. You shake her head.

"No, it's okay. You go ahead. The later I am, the madder he'll be." you say. She smirks. "He's going to scream the place down." she warns you. "I'm counting on it." you reply. After she's done with the stapler, you use it. Before you reach Richard's office, Elaine stops you. "Wait. I want to hear what he has to say." she tells you.

She grabs an empty bottle from her desk and walks over to the fountain outside his office. You smile at her and walk in, placing the files on his desk. He turns back to you.

"Finally. God, did you fly to Mexico to print them?" he asks with a rude tone. "I'm sorry, Mr Rusk. The printer you sent them to was broken, so I had to waste my time fixing it. Don't be upset, you still got your files." you say, smiling. He rolls his eyes. "I needed them ten minutes ago!" he shouts. "It's not my fault the printer was broken." you argue. He leans forward on his desk.

"You need to step up your game, Y/l/n. You're costing the company serious money. I won't stand for it." he says. You catch Elaine in the corner of your eye, sipping from the bottle. "Don't blame this on me. It's not my fault you're a shit boss who treats his employees like fucking animals!" you yell. Most of the office is now looking into the office, either smiling or mouth wide open.

"Don't you dare-" he starts. "You know what, Richard? I quit. I'm done. I can't handle working here while being treated like shit. I can't sit back at watch you treat everyone else like shit either." you yell. You hear Elaine choke. "Pack up your desk and don't expect todays pay." he yells. "Gladly." you say, straightening your posture. You walk over to your desk and put your stuff into your handbag.

Elaine walks over to you, as do others. "I didn't actually think you'd do it." she says, quietly. "Neither did I." you laugh. Elaine walks you to the door. Before you leave the office, you turn back. "Oi, Richard!" you yell. He looks up. "Good luck!" you smile. He flips you off aggressively. You wave, then enter the lift. Elaine enters with you.

"Fuck, you're amazing." she praises. You smile. Once you reach the bottom floor, Elaine stops you. "Call me later. I want to take you to dinner." she says. You nod. You kiss her cheek. She blushes slightly. "Sounds good, Miss Markinson. It was a pleasure working for you."

A.N: I will forever make Richard the bad guy, no matter what.