Comfort - Andromache (Andy)

Requested by: chipxchipx

-----

BACK IN 1864:

-----

Your first experience when it came to dying was traumatic. It was early May, in the year 1864 during the Civil War in America. The Battle of the Wilderness was blazing all around. Your family's farm was on the outskirts of Spotsylvania county. Your father had been fighting in the war for a little over a year. You had no idea whether he was alive.

One chilly morning, over all of the distant gunshots, you heard a familiar voice outside. You raced to the door. "Mama, John, Mary. Papa is home!" you shouted. Everyone gathered outside. "Papa!" your brother John shouted, running to him. "John, my boy. Stay there." your dad said. John stopped in his tracks. Mary started walking over. "I love you guys, but you need to stay at the house. You can't come to me!" your dad shouted.

You looked at your mother. "John, Mary, do as your father says. Come back." she called. Your two siblings retreated to the house. "Alright, William. Stop there. Put your hands in the air." you heard from around the sides of the house. Men walked out, guns aimed at your father. "William, what's going on?" Mama called from the porch. "It's okay, Jane. Everything is going to be okay." he called back.

A man with a long black beard walked out from behind your father. "Thank you, William. You're work here is done." the man said. You looked at your siblings who were huddled behind your mother. As the man spoke, four men walked through the back of the house. They grabbed your mother, your siblings, and yourself. "No, James. This wasn't the deal!" you dad shouted. "Papa what is this?" you call, terrified. "It's okay, Y/n." he called back.

The men pushed you and your family towards your father who was still being held at gunpoint. "Alright men, it's time." The two men standing beside your father holding the guns fired, both bullets killing your father instantly. "Papa, no!" you and your siblings cried. You mother dropped. "William." she said in between sobs. "Why, why did you have to kill him?"

The men then lined the rest of your family up. They shot John, then they shot Mary. "Why are you doing this!?" you shouted, tears streaming down your face. James laughed at your question but said nothing. The men shot your mother, the bullets plunging into her stomach. They dropped her. "Mama, no." you whispered. All energy had been drained from you. She quickly bled out. "I love you- Y/n." she managed before her eyes closed for the last time.

Your knees gave out at the sight of your dead family all around. The man holding you shoved you to the ground. "Hey, we were doing you a favor. No more worrying about the war." James said. The man who shoved you shot you dead.

God knows how much time had passed when you woke. You sat up right, gasping for air. A woman was sat at your side. She brushed the hair out of your face. "Hey, it's okay. You're okay." she cooed. You scrambled back, taking in your surroundings. You were in your siblings bedroom. "H-how am I alive? I died. I got shot." you managed. The woman nodded. "Yes, you did. I'll explain everything. Come." she said standing. She offered a hand, to which you reluctantly took.

She took you outside where three men were cleaning up the bodies of your family, as well as the bodies of the men. You broke down crying at the sight. You dropped to your knees. "He lied. He said everything was going to be okay!" you screamed. The woman crouched beside you and rubbed your back. Once the three men were done, they came over and sat on the porch with you and the woman.

You eventually calmed down. "We should probably explain this." one of the men said to the woman. She nodded. "I'm Andromache, but call me Andy. This is Booker," she said pointing to a man with a greyish beard. "This is Nicky," she said pointing to a scrawnier man with torn clothes. "And this is Joe." she said pointing to a man with black hair and a beard.

After a while, you finally came to your senses. "Wait, so we're immortal? How is that possible?" you questioned. "We have no idea, but it is." Booker answered.

-----

CUT TO NOW:

-----

"Y/n, go around the back with Joe and clear the building. Nicky, come with me." Andy instructs. You and the two men nod. "We need to find Booker." Joe and yourself go in through the back entrance and clear the building. You hear a familiar voice out the front. It's Booker. "This isn't going to go well." he warns. You and Joe glance through broken windows. "We need to wait for Andy and Nicky." Joe says. You nod.

Once you see them approach, all four of you barge in. Shots are fired and all of the men drop. Booker is left tied to a chair. Andy helps him out. All of a sudden, men in bulletproof gear storm in shooting you all. "Fuck." you groan. You look to your left. Nicky is out like a light. Joe tries making his way over to you, but is shot in the process. Booker, who is still tied to the arm of the chair is shot right through the centre of his forehead. Andy and you are left. Andy tries to fight them off, but is grabbed. Wrestling for freedom, she's shoved against a wall. A gun is pointed to her head. "Hey, we're doing you a favor. No more worrying about the war." a man says, shooting her dead.

That last sentence triggers something in you. You start panicking, but are shot.

You wake up a short while later in a field. You sit up, gasping for air. "Y/n, are you okay?" Andy asks, hugging you. You say nothing. She helps you up. "Lets get going." she tells the men. You sit there silently the whole drive to the safehouse. Once inside, you sit on the couch. You stare blankly at the wall ahead of you. Andy sits beside you. "Y/n, what's going on?" she asks. You don't reply. She grabs your arm, breaking you from your trance. "Y/n, talk to me. What's wrong?" she asks again. You burst into tears.

She pulls you into her side. "Oh, Y/n." she cooes. Once you've calmed, you sit back up. "That last sentence the man said to you is what James said to me before he shot me dead. I'm guessing it triggered memories from my family's murder." you explain. She nods, rubbing your back. "That makes sense." she replies. You hear a bang in the kitchen. Paranoid, you instantly look over. Andy frowns at your actions. "Y/n, calm down. You're okay. You need to rest." she tells you. You lean back into the couch, taking a deep breath.

Andy pulls you onto her and you rest your head on her lap. "Thank you, Andy. For everything." you say. She kisses your forehead. "It's okay Y/n. I'll always be here for you." she says. You nod, tears pooling in your eyes. They start streaming down the sides of your face. "Hey, it's okay. Don't cry." Andy says wiping the tears away. Her words make you cry more. You laugh at yourself. "I hate this Andy. I hate it all. Part of me wishes I stayed dead back in 1864." you say, sniffling. Andy sighs. "I hate it too, but I'm glad you didn't die Y/n. I love you and I'm so glad you're here with me." she tells you. More tears stream down your face. You cover your face with your hands.

You sigh, wiping your tears. "Y/n, remember that you'll always be safe with us. No matter what, we'll always have your back. Always." Andy tells you. Everyone nods.

You eventually fall asleep on Andy's lap, but you're awoken suddenly. You sit up quickly, your hand slamming into your chest. Startled, everyone looks at you. "What's wrong." Booker asks. Before you can say anything, Andy speaks. "Nightmare." she says, a sympathetic look on her face. You nod. "Do you want to talk about it?" she asks. You take a second. "It was back in Spotsylvania in 1864. The men had my family lined up and were killing them one by one. Instead of killing me after they killed Mama, they pulled you guys out. Killed you all in front of me. Then they shot me too." you say, teary eyed.

Andy pulls you into a hug. "Are you okay?" she asks. You nod. "Okay. Come, lets get into bed. You need more rest." she says. She helps you to bed then lays with you. You curl into her and lay your head on her chest. "Thank you for comforting me, Andy." you say. She sighs. "It's okay, my darling. I love you." she whispers. "I love you." you reply, snuggling into her more.

You both fall asleep peacefully in eachothers arms.

A.N: This made me sob.