Emotional - Queen Ravenna

Requested by: chipxchipx

You sit on the end of you bed, staring out the window towards the people in the courtyard below. The sound of the constant chatter quickly annoys you. All you wish for is a little peace and quiet.

Just as you're finally starting to block out the voices and sounds of metal clanging together, you hear loud footsteps outside your room. You flop back onto your bed, more annoyed than before. "Ughhh." you grunt.

You stare at the ceiling, listening to the footsteps get further and further away. You walk out onto the balcony to get much needed fresh air. You lean on the railing. As you're standing there doing nothing but breathing, someone barges into your room.

"Y/n." they say. You turn to face them with a low groan. "My Queen." you say with a bow. She tilts her head. "What's wrong with you?" she asks, her tone cold. Those words manage to irritate the shit out of you.

"Nothing, don't worry about it." you tell her, rolling your eyes slightly. "Don't roll your eyes at me." she tell you. "Sorry." you mutter. She takes a step forward. "What was that?" she asks, voice louder. "I said 'sorry'." you snap. Her eyes widen. "Something is wrong. I want you to tell me." she demands. You shake your head.

She notices the look on your face change. She takes another step forward, reaching for your face. You push her hand away. "Nothing is wrong. Don't touch me." you tell her. She sighs. "Please, Y/n." she starts. "No, Ravenna! Nothing is wrong! I'm fine. Just leave me alone!" you yell, walking back.

She stands there shocked. "Y/n-" she tries. You sigh. "I have to go. I can't stay in her any fucking longer. I'm going insane." you say, walking out of the room. Ravenna stays where she is.

You hurry out of the castle and hop on a horse. You ride out of the castle gates, catching Ravenna's eye as you do. She hurries to a horse and starts to follow you.

You gallop away from the castle, weaving through trees. You ride out into a small field and find a stream. You follow the stream to a lake. You dismount the horse and take a seat on a rock near the water. Nothing but silence fills your ears. You sit there, eyes closed, for a solid fifteen minutes until you hear the faint sounds of hooves on twigs. Your head snaps to the side. You stand.

A horse comes into view and you squint your eyes. You sigh heavily. "Y/n, what was that?" Ravenna asks, stopping her horse right beside you. "Nothing, I'm sorry." you reply. "Stop saying 'nothing'. It's obviously not nothing. I want you to talk to me." she demands. You stand and get on your horse without replying. She follows you back to the castle.

"Y/n, if you don't tell me what's going on this instant-" she starts as you enter your bedroom. "I'm having a bad day, Ravenna. That's it." you say, sitting on your bed. She sits beside you. "No, it isn't and you know it isn't." she says. You sigh.

"Fine. Being cooped up in here alone, without you, is driving me up the wall. I can't handle it anymore. I need you, Ravenna. You're always too busy for me." you explain. She hooks an arm around you and pulls you onto her. "I'm sorry, my darling. I didn't know you feel that way. Being Queen is a very busy job. I never considered how you'd feel about it all." she tells you. You nod.

You both shuffle back against the headboard, you still in her arms. "Why don't we stay here like this for a bit? Would that make you feel better?" she asks. "Yeah." you answer. She kisses your forehead. You look up at her and kiss her lips. "It would."

A.N: Have a happy and safe holidays everyone! The next few will most likely be out around December 29th <3