Chapter 9

Charles watches as Diana reads a story to William and Harry by the fire. The red hues from the flames give her a rosy color. The light makes it like she's glowing from within. Her soft angelic voice makes it hard for him to focus on his own work.

"Papa, Papa!" Charles hears pulling him from his thoughts about his son's attractive nanny.

"Yes Wills," Charles replies.

"Can you sit with us while Ms. Spencer reads to us," William pleads with his eyes?

"I guess I can sit with you for one story," Charles replies following his son to where the trio is sitting.

Sitting down next to Harry while William resumes his spot next to Diana. Charles catches a whiff of her perfume, she smells sweet.

"What book would you like for me to read Harry," Diana asks.

"What about me?" William whines.

"William, you picked the last book. It's your brother's turn," Diana gently admonishes.

Harry gets up and goes over to the stack of books. He picks out one and hands it to Diana. Diana smiles and takes the book while Harry sits in his original spot.

Diana reads them the stories of brave knights riding off to slay dragons and save beautiful princesses from towers. While she is reading she couldn't help but notice Charles watching her. Having him this close only makes her heart beat faster. Why does he have to be so handsome?

As Charles listens to Diana read to his sons his eyes focus on her lips. They look so soft and kissable. After the boys go to bed he plans to enjoy the feeling of them against his own.

When Diana finishes reading the book  William and Harry have fallen asleep.

"I guess we should get these two off to bed," Charles says.

"Yes, I'll tuck William in first and then I'll come and get Harry," Diana says.

"You can take William, I'll get Harry," Charles says.

They pick up the boys and take them to their room and tuck them in. Charles kisses his sons' goodnight before he follows Diana back to the living room.

When he arrives she is taking her keys out of her purse, her jacket thrown over her arm.

Diana turns when she hears Charles enter the living room.

"Goodnight Your Highness," she says kissing his cheek. A gesture she has to get used to doing.

"Goodnight Diana," Charles replies before giving her a peck on the lips.

Just as Diana is about to walk out the door he calls out to her.

She stops and turns to face him. "Yes."

"How would you like to spend the holidays with me and my family at Balmoral?"

"I'd love to," Diana replies.

"You know this means I would be introducing you as my girlfriend," Charles says coming closer.

"Ok," she replies again this time smiling.

"Your an enchanting woman Diana," Charles says stopping only inches from her.

"You are a handsome man, Charles."

This time it's his turn to blush.

"I think there is something I should tell you."

"What is it?"

"Since I was a girl, I have had a crush on you. I think you are the sexiest man I've ever laid eyes on."

Charles chuckles as he can't believe it, his shy temptress just admitted to him she found him sexy. A compliment he didn't expect, yet he found endearing.

"Thank you," he replies his voice husky.

Without a word, he pulls her close and kisses her. Diana let her purse and jacket hit the floor as she wraps her arms around his neck.

Slowly pulling away they look into each other's eyes.

"I'm looking forward to spending the holidays together."

"Me too. I think I should head home now."

"Ok, I'll see you in the morning."

Diana smiles and turns to pick up her coat and purse she carelessly dropped earlier. Just as she bends over she feels his hand gently pat her rear, her cheeks instantly turning red. 

Standing upright she turns to look at him.

"Good night, Darling," Charles says with a smile.

"Good night," Diana replies.

Once Diana leaves he heads to his bedroom. He needs a cold shower to cool down after their heated interaction.

Later on, that night Charles lies in bed staring at the ceiling. He thinks about the fact he and Diana will be going away together. The two of them under the same roof, of course not in the same bed. There was no way he could share a bed with Diana. The temptation would be too great. Just kissing her already has his soul on fire, his desire burning like a four alarm blaze.

He also needs to figure out what to get Diana for Christmas. Although they have only been together for a while he's not sure what to get Diana. He wants to get her something nice, but nothing too extreme.

Tomorrow he'll ask Richard to give him some ideas. Hopefully he can come up with the perfect gift for his perfect girlfriend.