Chapter 12

Charles holds Diana's hand as the family returns to the sitting room for tea. Just as they are about to leave the dining room Edward stops them at the door.

"Edward, what in God's name do you think you're doing ?" Charles asks confused.

"You can't exit until," Edward says standing next to his brother and nodding his head upward.

Charles and Diana look up and see Andrew holding some mistletoe over them.

"You know the rules brother!" Edward says laughing.

"So pucker up old man," Andrew says.

"Well," Charles says looking at Diana.

"Why not," Diana says blushing.

They exchange a chaste kiss on the lips.

"See it's about getting into the holiday spirit!" Andrew says getting off the chair where he was standing.

"Why do you call your brother old man? He's not old." Diana asks Edward and Andrew as the foursome goes to join the rest of the family.

"Thank you, darling," Charles rewards Diana with a peck on the cheek.

"Because he's much older than us, and sometimes Charles acts older than his age," Andrew says.

"And because it's fun to bug him," Edward adds before they start laughing.

"Haha, I'm glad I'm the entertainment for you two," Charles replies shaking his head.

"Diana how would you like to join us in the morning while we shoot clay pigeons? I'm sure Charles won't mind showing you how well his marksman skills are."

Charles looks at Andrew who gives him thumbs up in return.

"Sure, I would love to," Diana replies.

The next morning Diana gets up and gets dressed as she knows Charles will be coming to get her shortly. She puts on a pair of pants and a sweater, along with a pair of boots due to the snow.

Just as she puts on her left boot there's a knock at the door. Going over to answer, she sees it's Charles.

"Good morning my love," Charles greets her with a kiss on the cheek.

"Good morning, how did you sleep?" Diana asks wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Good, all my dreams were about you," he replies before kissing her lips.

Diana smiles, "really?"

"Yes, you can be a tease, Diana."

"How? I haven't done anything," Diana says giggling.

"Just being so sweet, so beautiful," he says caressing her cheek right by the beauty mark above her lip.

"Well Your Highness, I'm sorry for being a tease, but it's fun," Diana replies battering her lashes.

"Why don't we make our way outside," he says, feeling the cold air will help him calm down. One woman shouldn't be this seductive.

Outside Andrew and Edward are waiting for them by the cart to take them to the shooting grounds.

"Good Morning and Merry Christmas love birds," Andrew greets Charles and Diana.

"Good morning, Merry Christmas," Diana replies.

"Merry Christmas Andrew, Edward," Charles replies.

The foursome gets on the cart and then heads off to the shooting grounds. After the short ride, Charles helps Diana off the cart while Edward grabs the riffles and the thermos filled with hot chocolate.

"I hope you do better this time brother, last time we were here you were terrible," Andrew says teasing Charles.

Charles rolls his eyes, "I was slightly distracted."

"Oh yeah, you were distracted. Well, now that she is physically here I hope you don't get too distracted."

"I'm sorry Diana, my brothers can be very childish," Charles says.

"It's fine, darling," Diana replies.

Once they reach the designated spot Diana sits while the three brothers get ready.

Charles is set to go first. Getting in position, he nods for the first bird to be let go. Aiming his rifle he squeezes the trigger, hitting his target. Another one is released and again he hits the clay bird shattering it in pieces.

Charles turns and looks at Diana who smiles at him. Blushing he smiles back as he takes a seat next to her.

"You were great," Diana gushes.

"Thank you, darling," Charles replies kissing her reddened cheek, "are you warm enough?"

"Yes I'm fine," Diana replies snuggling with him.

Andrew takes his turn then Edward. The brothers go two more rounds before Charles is determined the winner. They return to the main house where breakfast is to be served. Then after breakfast, the family will begin to exchange gifts.

Inside Diana changes into a sweater and a skirt. She sprays herself with some perfume before checking her makeup. Making sure everything looks perfect, she leaves to meet Charles.

Once breakfast has been consumed everyone moves to the waiting room where the Christmas tree and presents await to be opened.

The Queen stands and gives a small speech before she picks up her gift to her husband, then to her children, and for Mark and Diana. Everyone opens their gifts before they begin exchanging their gifts.

Charles presents Diana with a flat square present. Diana unwraps the present and opens the velvet box to reveal a diamond necklace.

"Oh it's beautiful," Diana says admiring the necklace.

"I'm glad you like it," Charles smiles.

"Ok my turn," Diana says excitedly as she retrieves Charles' gift, "I hope you like it."

Unwrapping the gift he smiles, a collection of books by his favorite authors.

Showing his appreciation he kisses her on the cheek. "Thank you, darling."

"You're welcome," Diana replies smiling.

Charles then opens the gift from William and Harry, an engraved silver picture frame that says World's Greatest Dad, inside the frame is a picture of him with William and Harry. He smiles as he loves the gifts he received. A symbol of how much his boys and Diana love him.

Later on that night Diana is lying on top of the covers in her bed in Charles' arms. They both have changed into their respective nightclothes. This is the first time she's ever been in bed with a man, although they are just cuddling. She enjoys being in Charles' arms, she feels safe and loved. Feeling so relaxed she feels herself beginning to drift off to sleep.

Charles looks down at the sweet angelic face and smiles. Diana is just as beautiful asleep as she is awake. He places a gentle kiss on her forehead right under her bangs. The same bangs she always peeps from under when her shyness gets the best of her. He could watch her like this forever, his sweet innocent angel.

"Good night my sweet Princess," Charles whispers before turning off the lights.