Chapter 18

Diana wakes up to the sound of thousands outside celebrating. Getting out of bed she puts on her robe and goes to the window. She's amazed at how many more people are outside waiting to see her.

The days leading up to today have been met with much excitement and chaos. For the past two weeks, there have been many rehearsals, dress fittings, interviews with various magazines and tv stations, and getting settled into her new life.

Thankfully Charles has been a pillar of strength in all this as at times Diana found all this a little overwhelming. Just being in his arms and his kisses were enough to make her forget all the craziness that has occurred leading up to today.

What made it worse she had a hard time falling asleep last night due to excitement mixed with nervousness, and the crowd that has gathered outside of Clarence House since last night.  She and Charles' grandmother had dinner together last night and had a wonderful chat, along with Her Royal Highness trying to help Diana calm down. She along with Charles' Aunt Margaret would be her instructor during her princess lessons that she would continue after she came back after her honeymoon.

She looks at the large crowd of people waiting to get a glimpse of their Princess, their future queen. She can't believe the number of people outside who just want to see her. She moves from the window and gets back into bed. In less than six hours she'll become Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales. Her mind drifts to thoughts about Charles, she wonders if he was up and if he was, what is he doing. Is he as nervous as she is?

Charles is lying in bed staring at the ceiling thinking about Diana. He wonders if she is up, and if is she nervous too. In a few hours, he is going to marry the girl of his dreams, literally. He looks out the window and sees the sun making its way to the center of the sky and thinks about the many sunrises that he and Diana will watch together after many nights of endless lovemaking.

Tonight would be the first time he and Diana would make love. One whole year one whole blasted year of endless teasing from Diana, even though all of it was not intentional, having to take over a thousand cold showers, it all ends today. Sex wasn't the reason he was marrying Diana, but the thought of having those long legs wrapped around his waist is so something he couldn't wait to do.

Diana is sitting on the side of the bed when there is a knock at the door.

"Come in," she says putting on her peignoir.

"Lady Diana, Mr. & Mrs. Emanuel is here," says Frederick, the Queen Mother's lead butler says.

"Thank you, you can let them in."

Frederick bows and exits the room. A moment later David and Elizabeth Emanuel enter Diana's room led by Frederick. After greeting them, they begin to prepare Diana for her big day.

The next few hours go by in a blur for Diana. In three hours Diana showered, ate breakfast, had her makeup applied, hair did including the placement of the Tiara, and into her gown. When Diana looks at herself in the mirror she couldn't believe what she see.

She looks like a real-life fairy tale princess. She liked the results of the gown and was hoping Charles would like it too.

"I must say, you look like a princess," says David.

"I agree," says Elizabeth.

"You really think so?" Diana asks blushing.

"Yes," they both reply.

Diana says then takes a deep breath; "let's go."

Diana goes downstairs to the main floor and is greeted by her father.

"Oh Diana, you look beautiful," the Earl says smiling at his youngest daughter.

"Thank you, Daddy," Diana replies smiling through her veil.