Chapter 6

Charles sits in the back of the limousine outside of Diana's flat, waiting for her to come out so they can head to his Aunt Margaret's party. Feeling nervous he twists his signet ring, a habit since he was twenty-one. This would be the first time he sees Diana outside of the confines of work. He hopes he'll be able to focus on the party and not on whatever tempting gown Diana has decided to wear.

The door to Diana's building opens revealing Diana wearing a long green jacket covering the gown she has on. He watches as she makes her way to the limo. The door swings open and Diana gets in.

"Good evening Your Highness," Diana says.

"Good Evening Diana," Charles replies feeling nervous.

There's no need for him to feel nervous, still, when Diana is close this feeling comes over him. The limousine takes off to take them to Margaret's party.

Once they arrive Charles offers Diana his hand helping her out of the car. He rests his hand on her lower back as he escorts her inside.

"Good evening madam, I'll take your coat for you," one of the hotel employees says.

Diana stops and undoes the two buttons before she begins to take it off. Charles steps closer to help her take off her coat and hands it to the employee.

The employee bows before taking Diana's coat to the coat room.

"Thank you, Sir," Diana says.

"Your welcome," Charles replies.

"So Your Highness what do you think?" Diana asks turning slowly to allow him a full view of her gown.

He smiles at the vision in front of him. She looks gorgeous, he likes how the gown hugs her figure.

"Wow Diana, you look beautiful," Charles says smiling.

Diana blushes in front of the man she has had a crush on since she was a teenager. For him to tell her she looked beautiful she can't help but blush.

"Thank you, Sir."

"Shall we go inside," Charles asks offering his arm.

"Yes."

Once inside the party Charles takes Diana and introduces him to his parents, the birthday girl herself, and his grandmother. After the introductions he guides Diana over to their table where his brothers are also seated.

"Andrew, Edward, this is Lady Diana Spencer. Diana these are my brothers Andrew and Edward," Charles says as he pulls out Diana's chair for her to sit down.

"Hello," Diana replies waving shyly. She never did well in large crowds.

Charles takes his seat beside her.

"It's nice to officially meet you, Diana. We have heard so much about you. Seeing you in person I can see why," Andrew says extending his hand.

Charles looks at Andrew, he knows his brothers are about to embarrass him.

"Oh, it's nice to meet you too Your Highness," Diana replies shaking Andrew's hand. While looking at his older brother, Andrew kisses the back of Diana's hand causing her to giggle.

If looks could kill, Andrew would be dead. Charles' eyes shoot daggers at his younger brother as if he dared him to try anything.

"Oh, so you're the woman my brother has been raving about? He told us what a great job you have done with our nephews. I see why he's smitten with you," Edward chimes in before offering his hand.

Now it's time for Charles to blush. Leave it to his brothers to embarrass him.

"Well you have been doing an excellent job Diana, I just wanted to let you know personally," Charles says looking at Edward.