Chapter 21

Diana stands in front of the mirror looking at her baby bump after getting out of the shower. She smiles as she feels the baby moving around in her stomach. The last eight months have been purely magical. From bonding with their baby to hearing the baby's heartbeat, she and Charles can't wait to meet their new edition. Wills and Harry are excited to become big brothers.

"Hi little one, I can't wait to meet you."

She smiles when she feels the baby kick in response.

Charles walks in and puts his arms around her causing Diana to jump.

"I'm sorry my love, I didn't mean to scare you," Charles says kissing her neck.

"I didn't hear you come in," Diana replies.

"I just walked in. I was coming to check out you and the baby," he replies as he rubs his wife's stomach that is holding their child.

"We're fine," Diana replies relaxing in her husband's arms.

"Good, I can't wait for the baby to be born."

"Me too."

Charles moves his hands and takes Diana's hand in his guiding her over to the bed. Sitting down he gets a better view of his wife's stomach. Diana giggles when he begins to pepper her stomach with kisses.

"Charles, darling, I need to use the loo," Diana says playing with Charles' ears.

He lets go so Diana can go use the bathroom. At the last appointment, the doctor explained that the baby is sitting on Diana's bladder causing her to use the bathroom so frequently, which was a concern for him. He can't recall if Margaret frequented the bathroom so often when she was carrying either William or Harry.

Diana returns from the bathroom and begins to get dressed.

"Do you need help darling?" Charles asks.

"Only with my pants," Diana replies putting on her bra.

Charles gets up and helps Diana get dressed.

"So I guess our task for today is to pick out a name for our little one," Charles says guiding Diana over to the bed.

"Well if it's a girl what about Victoria?" Diana inquires.

"I like it, what about middle names?"

"I don't know yet."

"What about Frances and Alexandria in honor of both of our mothers?"

"Ok. Charles, what if it's a boy?"

"If we are having a son, then I guess the name Maurice, just have to figure out middle names. Of course, if it's a boy, then we will try again for a girl."

They spend the rest of the afternoon discussing middle names for either sex and their upcoming schedules.

Later that night Diana is in bed waiting for Charles to get out of the shower. While she is reading a book, she begins to feel pressure in her lower stomach. Clutching the bottom of her stomach she feels fluid flowing from between her thighs followed by a sharp pain that almost takes her breath away.

Charles dries off and wraps his towel around his waist. He comes out of the bathroom and sees Diana clutching her stomach.

"Darling, are you alright?" Charles asks afraid as he sees the pain etched on her face.

"No, I think the baby is coming," Diana replies.

"Alright, just try to stay calm my love, I'm calling for the car now," Charles says picking up the phone.

While they wait, Charles quickly puts on some clothes before helping Diana down the steps outside to the waiting car. As soon as they are safely inside the car takes off to St. Mary's hospital who is alerted the Princess is on her way.

Once they arrive at the hospital, Diana is quickly checked out and they determined she is only two centimeters dilated. They get her to a room to make her comfortable, while Charles called his parents.

Later that morning Diana is resting while Charles sits and holds her hand. Unable to sleep, as he is excited about the birth of their child. Whether it's a girl or not, he will love their little one.

Diana grunts in her sleep, squeezing his hand. He looks at his wife who is frowning.

"Diana, darling are you having another contraction?"

"Yes," she responds beginning to calm down as the pain subsides.

"Do you need anything, my love?"

"No, I'm fine."

Diana closes her eyes and resumes getting her rest. While Charles reminisces six years ago when he was here waiting for William to be born. He was so nervous yet happy. Margaret was calm and ready to bring forth the future heir. He feels lucky to have had two very strong and beautiful women have his children.

Hours later it's time for the arrival of the new Prince or Princess. Charles is standing beside his wife holding her hand as Diana pushes. He's trying to comfort her as best as he can as he knows there's nothing he could do to take away her pain. As for Diana, she feels like she's about to push her insides out.

A few more pushes and the cry of an infant fills the room. Feeling relieved Diana falls back against the pillow her forehead covered in sweat.

"Darling you did it, I'm so proud of you," Charles says before kissing his wife passionately.

"Thank you," Diana replies feeling exhausted.

Once they perform the after-birth, they check Diana out to make sure everything is ok before they start cleaning her up.

While he waits for the nurses to finish tending to his wife, another nurse comes over with their baby.

"Your Royal Highness, congratulations you have a healthy baby girl," the nurse says as she places the little girl in her father's arms.

Charles smiles as he can't believe he's holding his daughter in his arms. He's so happy he feels like his heart could burst with happiness.

Now that Diana is settled he walks over to show her their beautiful daughter. Gently he places their little one in her mother's arms.

"She's beautiful," Diana says smiling down at her daughter.

"Just like her mother," Charles says before kissing Diana on the forehead.

After making sure Diana and their daughter are comfortable, Charles then calls his mother and father to inform them of the birth of their new granddaughter. Then Charles calls home to inform the boys of their new baby sister.

An hour later outside of Buckingham Palace, it's announced Her Royal Highness Princess Victoria Spencer Alexandra Elizabeth of Wales was born June twenty-fifth. Four days after her big brother.

Outside the hospital room, as little Victoria sleeps peacefully, people have lined the streets to celebrate her arrival. Bottles of champagne popped, people throw confetti and in the far distance, fireworks are set off. All of England celebrated the birth of the little princess who was unaware of the world she has been born in.