Drabble 1: Parents

His alarm beeped, indicating that it was six o'clock. Time to wake up. Sleepily, Pietro Maximoff hit the alarm, quickly silencing it. Turning onto his rightside, facing away from the digital clock and it's red LED display, he fell back into his blissful unaware.

XOX

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Oh no.

The sound of someone knocking on his apartment door woke up the startled Avenger. A cold sweat rolled down his back. He had overslept. Looking at the clock, it read as one o'clock in the afternoon. Pietro had really overslept.

The knocks sounded again.

Oh no.

Beyond the pine wood door was his girlfriend and her parents, whom he was meeting for the first time. This was very bad. Very, very bad. He was supposed to be making a good impresion and asking her Father for his blessing to ask for his (Pietro's) girlfriend's hand in marriage.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Suddenly, Pietro's mobile phone began to ring, the sound of rock music filling the air. He picked it up from his bedside table. The screen showed a picture of him and his girlfriend, her ID photograph. The call ended.

Thirty missed called and twenty texts. Thirty missed calls and twenty texts, all from his girlfriend. She had warned him about oversleeping. It was one of his biggest problems. Pietro being Pietro had merely laughed and shaken his head before reassuring her that everything would be fine. He fondly remembered kissing her after that. Aww, couples in love. So sweet.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Damn it, man! This was no time to be reminiscing about past make out sessions. Concentrate!

Pietro kicked back his bedsheets and using his superspeed, he zoomed around his entire apartment, clearing all the mess whilst brushing his teeth. Eating a bowl of cereal and using the vaccum cleaner. Showering and texting his girlfriend that he was just about to open the door. Simultaneously putting on the kettle and cooking an entire three course meal.

One minute later, a clean and presentable Pietro Maximoff opened the door and greeted his guests, apologising for the slight delay.

The parents smiled at him, oblivious to the glare that their daughter was shooting at her boyfriend behind their backs. As the elderly male and female made their way into the open-planned living room, their daughter paused to say something to the blonde male. "How did you-"

She knew of his powers, she was just so shocked by how quickly he had gotten everything done. He must have broken his own record.

He merely shrugged and grinned. "You didn't see that coming?"

She elbowed him in the ribs...