Drabble 6: daughterofodin

Dedicated to daughterofodin

Caroline sat huddled on the king-size bed, listening to the rain hammer against the window.

"Caro?" her boyfriend's voice called softly from the hallway. He had been on a mission for months and was finally back home. Home.

Slipping out of their bed, Caroline raced out of the bedroom to greet her boyfriend. She stopped and gasped at the sight of him. He was all cut and bloodied. His usually fitted running shirt was ripped in various areas, revealing stitched up wounds. What had happened to him?

"Pietro?" she whispered, tears welling up in her brown eyes.

He dropped his holdall on the floor beside him. Pietro opened his arms, welcoming her into his embrace. She gladly encircled him into her arms. Burying her face into his chest, Caroline could smell his familiar scent of peppermint and oranges. "Its okay, I'm home now."

"What happened to you."

"A minor explosion. I was trying to protect my sister and I got thrown into the wondshield of a car."

She sobbed, gripping onto his a little tighter, trying not to hurt him. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, Pietro! My poor, Pietro."

He gently kissed the top of her head. "Its okay. I'm okay." Pietro held her close, ignoring the slight pain radiating from his stitches. "Darling?"

"Yeah?" she wiped her tears on the back of her hand. Caroline looked up at his beautiful, blue eyes.

"I'm really tired." he smiled sleepily, his eyelids drooping.

She stood on her tiptoes, kissing his lips tenderly. "Bed?"

He nodded, already falling asleep on the spot. Taking his hand in her, the brunette female carefully guided her superhero boyfriend to their shared bedroom.

"Caro?" he murmured.

"Yes, darling?"

"Did you notice the rain?"

She smiled. "Yeah. Did you get caught in it?"

He shook his head. "No, the stupidly rich, bearded one sent a car to the HQ to bring me home."

Caroline chuckled at his description of Tony Stark.

As soon as they were in the bedroom, Pietro collapsed onto the bed, lying on his front. Caroline crawled to sit next to him. "Hey, Pietro." she carefully helped him roll onto his back. The superhero looked up at his girlfriend and wearily smiled. "Pajamas?"

He nodded, watching Caroline go to their wardrobe and pulling of some pajamas for Pietro to change into.

Sitting up, the blonde male used his superspeed to change. Flopping back onto the mattress, Pietro closed his eyes.

He smiled as he felt Caroline climb onto her bed and curl up beside him. "I'm so glad to be here with you." he whispered.

"I'm glad you're here too." she kissed his cheek, her fingers playing with a lock of his hair.

"Can we just lie here for a while?"

She grinned, resting her head on his shoulder. "Of course. Anything you want, Speedy."

He smiled, drifting off into his state of blissful unaware. "Ttthannks, Carroo." he slurred.

And that was how the duo spent Pietro's return, cuddling one another as the rain fell steadily outside...

A/N: Thank you for your request. Please feel free to submit more!

P.S. Thank you for the views, votes and comments!