Drabble 41: He apologises (Part One)

Y/N,

This letter is a mess. I am a mess. Such a mess in fact that I cannot even write properly. I doubt any of this makes sense but I just wanted to try and convey my emotions into words. My hand is shaking. Can you read my writing?

Are you okay?

I know I don't really have a right to ask but please, please just let me know that you're okay. That's all I ask. None of the other Avengers will tell me where you are. Bruce is only giving you this letter because he is worried that I will do something stupid.

I won't. I promise. I'm not going to do anything reckless to cause you more emotional pain. I've already caused you enough.

You cannot imagine how much I wish I owned a TARDIS. I wish I could go back in time and just stop myself from being so awful. I still cannot believe that I said those things to my little love. How you put up with me so long, I'll never know. I was a monster to you, yet you still stayed as long as you could. My saint.

I still love you. I know that the feeling isn't reciprocated anymore but I just want you to know that I still care. I always cared. Although, I didn't show it enough, which is why you're not here beside me. You don't have to love me again. I'm not asking for that, especially after what I said and did but please, at least let me know that you're okay.

Are you happy?

Of course you're happy, I'm not there...

...making you miserable.

I'm a mess without you here but we both knew this would happen. We were drowning in an endless sea of emotion and I was dragging you down. Down, down, down...

Down.

Well, you're free. I'm letting go of my lifeboat, that's you. Man overboard, little love.

I can't make things better between us. I messed up, badly.

I'm so, so sorry.

Stay safe, my little love. Stay safe and live a full life. I love you.

Pietro Maximoff xx