Coffee Tuesdays

Erix met the love of his life on Monday morning on a Tuesday. How those two things can happen at once he wasn't sure but he was too focused on the barista manning the counter to try and figure it out.

Sure, he was only 16 and didn't have a job or a car or a license, but he knew that they were destined to get married and buy a pretty house with a huge yard for their dog to run around in and maybe adopt a little girl with pretty ginger curls.

He and his roommate had originally come down to the Weathervane to study for their upcoming history quiz in a nice atmosphere and with some good coffee but as soon as he laid eyes on the barista Erix immediately lost focus.

The barista had pretty brown curls and a few moles on his face and all Erix could do was stare at the gorgeous person the gods had blessed his eyes with today.

"What'd you get for question 8?"

"27." Erix replied offhand.

"But this is our history class?" Ajax, his roommate, muttered.

"Oh I think I'm in love, 'Jax." Erix sighed dreamily.

"Again?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Shh, just look at him. Gods, how can I not be?"

Ajax looked behind them at the barista. "I don't know dude. Isn't this, like, against the rules for you?"

"I'm allowed to look." Erix pouted. "Besides, it's not like I'm flirting with him or anything. I'm just looking at the most gorgeous person I've ever laid eyes on."

"You're staring. Your eyes are even turning pink!"

"I wonder what his name is." Erix ignored his friend. "He looks smart. Maybe he could help us with this– Alexander's are smart, maybe his name is Alexander. What do you think?"

The barista went into the back and Erix almost fell out of the booth watching him but thankfully Ajax caught him.

"Okay you need to get a grip. We don't need another Xavier."

"How dare you compare my future husband to that tool."

Ajax sighed at his behavior. He was completely irrational whenever his eyes were pink let alone sleep deprived. There was no reasoning with him.

"Wait, I probably look like a wreck, what if he saw me almost fall when we walked in–"

"You haven't slept in 2 days and last night I thought you were high," Ajax deadpanned. "Pretty sure you have a pass."

"What about my hair? Is it ugly?"

"You look the same as always."

"Oh no–" Erix shot up and grabbed his bag. "We're leaving. Now."

"What–why?!" Ajax struggled to follow after the speed-walking Erix.

"I can't have a conversation with him looking like this, are you kidding me?!" He dropped $20 in the tip jar.

"What is your plan?"

"Marry him." Erix replied instantly.

"Of course."

Erix didn't see it but as he was being dragged by the hand Ajax saw the barista watching them as they left the same dreamy look on his face as Erix.

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

Erix had come to Nevermore by choice...sort of.

It was either a school for outcasts or juvenile detention and, honestly, orange looked terrible on him.

Plus he thought he wouldn't be bored anymore. And he was right.

Nevermore was never a boring place to be and with all kinds of different monsters and "freaks" surrounding him he never felt like an outcast.

Having a gorgon roommate also kept things interesting.

"Hey Erix," Ajax said. "You headed down to that coffee shop again?"

"Of course! How could you tell?" he asked as he buttoned his shirt leaving the last few open.

He's not a psychopath.

"You're more dressed up than usual."

"Love of my life. Gotta look my best."

Ajax nodded. He had been there with Erix when he first saw said barista who he had yet to know the name of. He would look at his nametag but his anxiety made him wonder how it might look if he got caught.

"Do you know the hot barista's name yet or will we just have to keep calling him 'your future husband' and 'love of your life'?" the gorgon smirked.

"I'll find out today! I'm calm, I'm attractive and–" Erix paused. "Yeah it'll be fine."

"And if you don't find out?"

"I will sulk in the shower." Erix nodded resolutely. It wouldn't be the first time.

"No flirting with the normies." Ajax told him for possibly the 90th time.

"...'kay, see ya, bye!" Erix ran out the door with his shoes in his hand. "Love you, 'Jax!"

"Erix!"

Erix had enough practice running while putting his shoes on to have the platform boots on before he got to the car that was taking him into town.

"Hey Jeeves." he grinned at the driver.

"Same cafe as always?"

"Yep!"

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

"Okay, you can do this, it's just a guy. Just a tall, curly haired, very hot guy..." he stopped as he caught sight of the barista. "C'mon snap out of it. You're Erix fucking Fallon. You flirt with sirens, you just need his name!"

Erix nodded to himself. "Good pep talk, me."

He made his way to the counter and waited. The longer it took for the gorgeous barista to notice him the more his nerves started to rack up. Finally, he turned around.

"Oh, hey," he said. "Sorry the espresso machine's being difficult right now."

"It's fine." Erix smiled. "I'll just get a hot chocolate."

"Okay." Future Husband went to start on his drink but turned back for a second. "Whipped cream too?"

"Yes."

Erix liked this cafe for multiple reasons. The aesthetic, the service, the gorgeous barista that was working on his drink right now. Oh and the drinks.

Definitely the drinks.

"Hot chocolate with whipped cream. To go." Future Husband handed Erix the drink.

"Thanks–" Erix quickly glanced down at his nametag then back at the barista's eyes. "–Tyler."

'Nice name,' he thought.

Tyler seemed to need a second to process Erix actually (finally) using his name. Maybe it was wishful thinking but Erix could've sworn he saw him blush even if it was just lightly.

"No problem," Tyler said, sounding breathless. "I never got your name."

"Most people call me a nightmare, but you can call me the guy of your dreams." he winked at the, most likely, older boy and walked to the door. "See you around, Tyler!"

The cafe door swung closed after him as he stepped out into the cold. Resisting the urge to celebrate right there outside the cafe he hopped back in the car.

Jeeves, as Erix liked to call the man, smiled knowingly at him. His grin was probably wider than his Whoville local looking therapist's when they first met.

"I learned his name!" Erix finally yelled. "Now all I need is his number and age and how willing he is to change his last name to Fallon."

"Sounds like you have your work cut out for you, hm?"

"Yeah... but I learned his name!"