Drunken Confessions

After being tied to a chair in a sorry attempt at kidnapping, Wednesday had planned to spend the night continuing her search. But of course her partner was unreliable.

She wasn't quite sure what happened and she didn't care but if her partner was too tipsy to keep an eye out for any authority then she might as well look after him.

Just to be able to scold him as soon as he was actually functioning properly.

She had found him standing in front of her and Enid's room when he spotted her.

"Wends! I'm so glad you came to see me," he said as if he wasn't in front of their door. "Enid didn't even bother to stop by!" The smile on his face seemed excited but his eyes were almost dead looking.

"Keep your voice down." She hissed. He stumbled a bit and she caught him. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing!" A lie. "Besides, it's a party, woo! Have a drink!"

"No." She pushed the door to her dorm room open and dropped him onto the closest stable object which unfortunately happened to be her bed.

He sprawled out onto the furniture easily and let his arm with the bottle dangle over the side. Closing the door behind them Wednesday turned to him and crossed her arms.

"Do you mind telling me what is wrong with you today?" Silence. "First, I don't see you all day. Then, you show up half drunk thinking you can go investigate in your state."

He stayed silent for a while just staring at the ceiling then he started chuckling and that turned into a slightly hysterical laugh.

"Have I told you that you're pretty?" he asked. "Really, you are. It's my favorite day of the year~!"

He started laughing again. She had never thought of Erix as the hysterical type then again she had never really thought of him as the drinking type either.

"Woo! Sha-la-la-la-la-la, my oh my, it was her time to die–" He sang. He sat up, maybe a bit too quickly, and opened the bottle, bringing it to his lips and taking a long drink. "I should go get coffee."

Wednesday had sat down at the foot of her bed and stared at him. She thought it over for a moment and decided it would be best to take the bottle away from him.

Alcohol poisoning was a real thing and who knows how many of those he'd already had. Then again assuming he really was a demon who knows if it would affect him.

She gently put a hand on his. "Can I have this?"

"Of course Wends." He grinned at her. "You know I really like you. You're nicer than I thought you'd be."

Okay he was definitely drunk.

"Thank you." She said taking the bottle of booze. "You were supposed to help me investigate in case you forgot when you were still sober."

"But it's a special occasion." he blinked.

She never really paid attention to his appearance (she had much more important things to do) but his eyes were definitely duller than before. His hair was disheveled and he was paler.

"Which is?"

He looked like he wanted to rip the bottle out of her hands and take another drink. Instead he smiled.

Not the grin he gave Tyler or the funny smiles he gave Enid and Ajax. It was angry.

Almost psychotic in a way.

"Today's the day I killed her." If she thought before that it was an accident (which she didn't) it was clear now that it wasn't. Erix didn't regret this. Not one bit. "First degree murder if we're being honest. I'm just too smart for this police force."