*Bonding! (*Murder Investigation)

Willingly asking the help of a murderer to find a murderer was not what Wednesday expected to do at Nevermore but recently nothing had been going as she expected.

She waited outside the classroom for Erix and his friend to leave.

"I'm just saying that the name Fallon would fit him we–"

Wednesday stepped out of the shadows and grabbed his arm.

"I need your help."

"Hello to you too," he said as she dragged him away. "I'll catch up with you later 'Jax!"

"Now all we need is the distraction."

Wednesday kept a hold on his arm all the way to the shed where Enid was hopefully waiting for them. Erix looked around them, not bothering to try and get out of Wednesday's hold as he swatted a few bees away from him.

"Gods, I hate bees," he muttered. "Nasty little creatures."

She pushed the shed door open and stepped inside, closing it behind her and Erix.

"Erix?" Enid gaped at him. "...what did she offer you?"

"Okay, first of all, rude of you to assume I wouldn't help someone out of the goodness of my heart. Second of all, what do you think?"

"Uhh–" she gasped. "Did she figure it out?"

"What I am, no. Why I'm here, yes."

Wednesday rolled her eyes. "If you two are done we have things to do."

Enid nodded and Erix gestured for her to continue.

"If Weems comes sniffing around, keep your distance, look grim, and don't say a word." she instructed.

"Payback is going to be a bitch." Enid put on one of the beekeeper hats.

"I'd expect nothing less."

"Just think of it like you're hiding from your ex-girlfriend."

"They were the worst!"

"I know. Now, get in character and stay calm. I'll bring you your favorite smoothie later."

"Okay okay I can do this."

"That's my girl."

Wednesday turned to Eugene. "Blab and I will squeeze you like a honeycomb."

"Snitches get stung. It's hive code. Besides, I should be thanking you. This is the most girls I've ever had in the shed. Other than bees."

"Shocking." Erix and Wednesday replied.

"I've always had a thing for werewolf chicks." Eugene continued.

"The chance that Enid ever becomes romantically interested in you is less than 1%."

"So I've still got a shot?" Erix made a so-so gesture with his hand. "Yes!"

Wednesday made her way back out the shed with Erix following her.

"So we're going back to where we almost got killed?" he asked.

"Surely that's rhetorical."

"Oh it is, I'm just curious, um, what do you plan to do if the monster comes back?"

"What do you think you're here for?" she smirked at him.

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Leaves crunched under their feet as they walked through the woods. Erix couldn't tell whether Wednesday liked fall or not; she clearly didn't find the noise as nice as he did. The two mostly walked in silence but Erix did feel the need to ask one question.