Kisses Under the Sunset

If you wanna see the outfits first they're at the bottom
_________

"Slow down!" Tyler yelled as he ran after Erix, barely able to keep up with the smaller boy.

Erix simply laughed and kept going. They were apparently headed to one of his favorite spots on earth which was, surprisingly, a lake.

Even when he lost sight of Erix, he could still hear him laughing and could just imagine the huge grin on his face. He only slowed down to wait for Tyler when he reached a huge log which seemed to be from an old evergreen that fell.

"You run... really fast." Tyler sighed.

"When you're short, you gotta be fast." Erix said wisely. "We've gotta cross the lightning tree to get to the lake."

"The what?"

"The lightning tree." He repeated. He bent down to give Tyler a leg up (he was shocked Erix could do that but not carry a bag of coffee beans) before jumping onto the fallen tree himself. He pointed to the black, charred, streaks in the bark. "It fell because lightning hit the bottom. Somehow it didn't completely burn and it now serves as my dry way across."

"Do you ever think it's strange that you love the lake but you hate water?"

"I hate swimming and bodies of water but I've taken 6 hour showers before."

"Jesus."

"Not a fan."

It didn't take very long for them to get to the lakeside.

After Erix had to save Tyler from almost falling off the log.

"Just in time!" Erix cheered looking at the skyline where the sun was nearly setting. "A little longer and you'll see the best part of this place!"

Tyler could only stare in awe of the boy in front of him.

His eyes had changed from their natural green to the bright pink they seemed to be whenever Tyler looked at him. His unruly curls were even messier than before after all the running but they looked just as beautiful. And his smile was more beautiful than anything he'd ever seen.

"I'm already looking at it.." he let out.

"Real smooth, love." Erix nodded. "Now come over here, I have to show you all the fish!"

Tyler quickly joined Erix, copying him, discarding his shoes and socks and rolling up his jeans so they didn't get wet as he stood in the shallow water.

Once again he was confused by the specific times when he was okay with water and when he wasn't.

"Aren't they beautiful?" He said, pointing to the fish.

"Holy shit." Tyler breathed. "How are they—"

"Surviving? No clue."

The koi swam around them, familiar with Erix and seemingly trying to see if Tyler was trustworthy. They were all covered in orange and white scales but they were differentiated by their patterns.

Tyler wasn't sure how long they stood there until he felt water hit him in the face. He looked up to see Erix smiling, clearly playing innocent.

Tyler smiled back but splashed him back. Erix looked almost baffled by it before he simply flicked the water on his fingers on Tyler's face.

This was war.

They only got out of the water once they were thoroughly drenched and Erix grabbed Tyler's hand and dragged him onto the dock.

"This is the best place to watch the sunset." He said.

They sat on the dock as the sun painted the sky in beautiful hues of orange and pink, the water reflecting the colors.