Blackmail Gets the Job Done

Although she wasn't a fan of social interaction or school activities, Wednesday decided it would be the easiest way to interrogate people without Weems interfering.

"Huh. You actually showed up." She was surprised too. "Ever shot a bow and arrow before?"

"Only on live targets," Wednesday replied.

"Okay." Xavier brushed it off as if it wasn't the first time he'd heard that. "Square stance. Load the arrow like this, yellow side out. Three fingers. Pull back and..." he let go of the arrow. "let it fly. Any questions?"

"When's the last time you saw your roommate Rowan?"

"You mean the one that was killed by a monster?" he asked teasingly. Wednesday stared. "The Harvest Festival. I haven't talked to him since. But his side of the room was all packed this morning.

"Rowan's always been a little off, but, uh, the last couple weeks he's been more erratic. You know, telekinesis can mess with your head, you know. He's... It started to freak me out. So what's the deal with you and Tyler?"

She stared at him unimpressed. This again.

"I'm sorry, were you the only one who got to ask non-archery questions?"

"There is no deal," she answered easily. "He was doing me a favor, driving me out of town."

"Yeah, word of advice. Steer clear."

"Why? Because he's a normie?"

"Tyler and his friends are jerks," Xavier said. "They can't stand that this school's propping up their Podunk town."

"Says the boy whose life was served on a silver platter."

"Hey, girls in glass houses..."

"Should throw bigger stones." She picked up the bow. "At least I'm not an elitist snob."

Throwing the apple she brought up in the air, Wednesday nocked an arrow and as they lined up, let it fly. It stuck into the target hitting the bullseye.

"Ouch."

"One last question."

"Shoot." Xavier eyed the bow in her hands and backed up. "Not me."

"Where's Erix Fallon's dorm?"

❤︎❤︎❤︎

"Can you not handcuff me every time I have to come here?"

"Stop doing things like this and you'll be allowed to have your hands free."

Erix resisted the urge to lunge over the table and strangle him. Sheriff Galpin sat across from him.
"What really happened last night?"

"I told you already. I was waiting on a friend and took a walk in the woods."

"I find that just a bit hard to believe. This isn't the first time you've been found with a dead body, Fallon and while you weren't charged I'm more than certain that you had something to do with their murder."

"Yeah well you don't have a degree in law so. You for whatever reason clearly have a vendetta against me but you can ask Bianca Barclay, Wednesday Addams, and Ajax Petropolus and they'll all prove me innocent so I'd appreciate it if you unlocked these and let me go."

"Innocent until proven guilty but believe me when I say I have my eye on you."

"Of course."

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Surprisingly enough, after coming back from the police station, Erix kept his promise to Weems and stayed on campus. Ajax thought it was weird too considering his usual behavior.

He mostly spent most of the day just sitting around their dorm, scrolling through social media and texting. He was walking back to the dorm after stealing more candy from Enid, debating texting Tyler, when he was yanked by his shirt collar.

Erix didn't like classrooms because classrooms usually meant teachers and teachers meant learning and he wasn't great at focusing.

His past teachers were also assholes.

Erix also didn't like being manhandled so as you can guess he was not a fan of being dragged into a classroom when he was literally just minding his own business.

"I need your help," Wednesday told him quickly.

"Oh it's just you," He said, brushing off his shirt. "I thought it was one of the sirens. Or Xavier...again."

"You're Erix Fallon right?" She asked.

"Yes?"

"The same Erix Fallon that was accused of second degree murder of a teacher at Ligon High?" His face immediately blanched.

"How do you know about that?"

She pulled a file out of her bag. "I did my research. Eight stab wounds to her vital organs and a decapitation. I would have never thought you were so brutal."

He opened the door and peeked out into the hallway. There were no witnesses.

'Thank the gods. No one to blame me if this goes south,' he thought.

He welded the door shut before turning back to the black haired girl. She stared up at Erix as he loomed over her, his eyes dark.

"What do you want from me?" He asked.

He didn't need that resurfacing when he had worked so damn hard to get rid of it.

"I knew there was something off about you." She ignored his question. "I thought if I was trying to find a monster you'd be a good place to start."

"You think I'm the monster?" Erix cocked his head smirking in amusement.

"No," Wednesday replied. "But I need someone who's good at getting what they want and people tend to help those who they find attractive."

"You think I'm attractive?"

"Conventionally." she shouldered her bag. "Now are you going to help me or not?"

"Give me the file and you've got a deal."

She pursed her lips and reluctantly handed over the police file. Erix nodded and put it under his arm.

"I guess we have a deal."
_____________

Ngl I was originally gonna title this "Blackmail Gets Wednesday a Boyfr- I Mean Partner"

Erix being accused of murder and still trying to get Tyler's dad, the sheriff, to like him is just— bless him

Erix is his number one op