Can't Have a First Date Without Murder

When Tyler found a note in his apron when he was clocking out his first thought was how the hell did someone manage to sneak it in there without him noticing but after reading it it made way too much sense.

"Text me
(xxx-xxx-xxxx)
-Erix ❤︎"

He couldn't help the stupid grin that came over his face and he was happy that there wasn't too many people in the shop to see it. Who knew the boy he was so desperate to talk to wanted to get to know him.

Enough to give him his number too!

He had just put his number in when he heard knocking on his window. He pushed the window open only for a disembodied hand to walk– crawl(?) it's way onto the windowsill.

"Holy shit!" Tyler reached for his bat.

He swung at the hand but it kept crawling until it made it to his desk. As he swung the bat again it grabbed the end and pulled hard enough to throw it out of his hands.

The hand tapped on his desk.

"Okay." Tyler sat down. "Okay, I'm taking orders from a hand. This isn't weird at all."

The hand showed him its palm with a message written on it. There was a number written on it with 'call me' under it.

He put the number in and called. Needless to say he was surprised to see Wednesday answer with a blonde girl behind her.

"Uh... hi." he said, confused. He glanced at the hand that was still on his desk.

"That's Thing." Wednesday told him.

"Is i– he, like, your pet?"

"He's sensitive."

"Look, I know Nevermore is ground zero for all things weird, but this is next-level," Tyler said. "So, what happened to not wanting to be a slave to technology?"

"Desperate times." she sighed. "Are you still willing to help me escape?"

"After what happened today, I figured they'd have you in solitary." he told her. "What happened to Erix?"

"According to Enid, he never gets into serious trouble for sneaking out," Wednesday replied as the blonde girl nodded. "There's the Harvest Festival this weekend. Attendance is mandatory. I'm going to use it as a cover. If you're willing to drive me to the station, I can make it worth your while."

"I'm in." Tyler nodded. "And no charge. Consider it a freebie."

"Why?"

"'Cause I wish I was going with you," he said somewhat sadly. "At least one of us will get out of this hellhole town."

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

"Is it a dark academia whore type of night or a pastel whore type of night?"

"What about neon? Like, your coke bottle shirt with some ripped jeans and neon and black boots."

"This is why we're soulmates." Erix pointed at his friend.

They (read as Erix) were getting ready for the Harvest Festival when Erix had a short mental breakdown because Tyler not only found his note but also asked him if he wanted to meet up at the festival.

At the moment Ajax was lying upside down on his bed while Erix rushed around trying to find an outfit. He was half dressed when he came upon the problem of what style he should dress in. Luckily, Ajax was there.

"No problem, 'Rix."

"Pink or green?!"

"Pink."

After Erix had finished getting dressed they walked down to the bus that was going to take them all down to the festival grounds. Ajax looked at him.