Outreach Day

The first mistake he made was waking up. Honestly he was surprised that Wednesday didn't throw him off the balcony once she figured out he was drunk.

They were walking through the courtyard for breakfast when the stupidity started. Some of their classmate's ignored him, others tried to ask him where he'd gone, and then others chose to be annoying.

Erix had only just sat down when he had to slap one gorgon's (who was obviously intoxicated in some form) hand away from his sunglasses.

"Watch it." He growled. "I have a migraine you fuckers."

At least his other demonic features weren't still visible. Just his pink eyes and a hangover.

"Is 'migraine' still code for hangover?" Ajax asked, sitting down next to him.

"You'd know, wouldn't you?"

"Hungry?"

"I'll end up puking." he smiled through the pain. "My head feels like it's being used as a drum set."

He leaned his head on Ajax's shoulder. "Not to make you feel worse but we've still got volunteering today."

"I finished my community service months ago."

"It's Outreach Day, remember?" Enid said from his other side. "They'll be handing out jobs soon."

Erix sat up again. From the corner of his eye he saw Weems enter. "Speak of the devil."

Weems clapped. "All students will report for their volunteer jobs at 10:00 a.m. sharp, followed by a community lunch at 1:00. As you know, this year Outreach Day culminates in a very special event, the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square, which will also include performances by Nevermore students."

Excited giggling rippled through the courtyard.

"As representatives of our school, I trust you will all put your best face forward."

The group stood to go see the volunteer list. Ajax, being at the top of the list, left the crowd quickly and waited for Erix to find his name.

Scanning over the list he wished he had an A name. Ellen, Emerson, Enid, Erin, and... Erix!

The Weathervane. Good thing he knew how to make coffee.

He found Ajax leaning against one of the stone columns.

"'Jax you are never going to believe the job I got!"

"What?"

"The Weathervane." he grinned brighter than the sun.

"You get to make coffee?" Ajax said.

Erix blinked. "Yes and that's the place Tyler works, remember?"

"Lucky!" he groaned. "I'm stuck in that creepy antique shop again."

"Look on the brightside maybe Enid has the same job."

"Does she?"

"I can check once we get there." Erix told him. Ajax grinned.

Enid in fact did not have the same job and he knew that because he already read what job she had but Erix spoke before he thought sometimes so here he was.

"Hey girls..." he greeted awkwardly.

"What did you do?"

"Nothing!"

Both she and Wednesday stared at him clearly not believing him. Erix didn't blame them.

"Okay so I sort of need you to go to Uriah's Heap instead of Pilgrim World."

"What? Ew no!"

"C'mon Enid, I'm begging you!"

"And I'm saying no!"

"Enid," Wednesday said. "Switch volunteer assignments with me."

"What? No. Uriah's Heap is definitely not my bag."

"It's an emergency. I need to check out Pilgrim World."

"But guys, this is not a fair trade. Why would I agree to spend the entire day at some dumpy emporium of crapola?"

"Because Ajax is volunteering there." Wednesday told her.

"How did you know that?" Erix looked at her.

"Thing snuck a peek at his assignment." He nodded. "But if you're not interested..."

"No! Oh my God, thank you. You're the best!" Enid giggled excitedly.

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Tyler wasn't sure how this Outreach Day was going to go. Hopefully better than last time but when Xavier Thrope walked into the Weathervane he couldn't be sure.

He had tried to apologize to him just like he did multiple times before but he just walked past him and said, "I'm only here for my assignment. Don't talk to me and we'll be fine."

However things did start to look up when Erix walked in. He had sunglasses on and seemed to wince at the noise but he still grinned at Tyler and hugged him as soon as he saw him.

"Hey," he said, his voice muffled by Tyler's shirt.

"Hey."

"Erix?" Xavier said. "You got this place too?"

Erix backed up and groaned. "No, I'm here on a coffee break. What do you think?"

"No need to get pissed so soon."

"Don't flatter yourself. You're obviously in a bad mood, still mourning your loss?"

Xavier rolled his eyes and went to take a woman's order.

It took a moment but Tyler realized that when Erix was on the phone with 'that guy' he was talking to Xavier and with how annoyed he always was this was probably going to be a long day.

"Um, your uniform."

"Hm?"

"They got uniforms for the Nevermore students that would be working here today." Tyler clarified. "Yours should be in the back hanging up."

"Oh." he stood on his toes and kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks."

As Erix walked off he saw Xavier glaring at him. Yeah, this was going to be a long day.
__________

On the outside I am an exhausted fem but on the inside I am a gay 13 year old boy who can't keep his fucking mouth shut *cough*richietozier*cough*

Erix being hungover and bitchy is just so funny to me for no reason

I feel bad for tyler having to deal with these two (tyler fr: just about mcfucking had it 😄🔫)