Names and Dates

Ajax really liked his roommate, his platonic soulmate, the only person who was fine with keeping the room at a strangely hot temperature.

However... he was really mean when he was woken up.

"Erix c'mon! You gotta get up, I've got something to tell you!"

"Fuck you and fuck off."

The other boy could sleep like a boulder sometimes but it seemed he hadn't been asleep for long enough to hibernate. He sat up and Ajax could see him in his demon form.

Somehow not the scariest thing he's seen Erix as.

"What is it, 'Jax?" He yawned and slowly began reverting to human.

"You were right about Enid being at Uriah's Heep and she asked me out!"

"Somehow I don't believe Enid asked you out."

"Well she kinda kept dropping hints and was waiting for me to ask her out then she exploded on me and I asked her out." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"That is much more believable."

Erix slipped out of his cocoon of blankets and grabbed his red and black letterman jacket, moving to the window.

"I'm gonna go help her not freak out."

"Alright! See ya!"

Erix had already climbed out onto the small ledge outside their window but poked his head back in for a moment.

"Oh and 'Jax." He nodded. "I don't care that we're soulmates; if you break her heart I'm going to rip out yours. Bye!"

With that threat, Erix disappeared, closing the window behind him. Ajax nodded to himself.

Same old Erix.

❤︎❤︎❤︎

"Sup whore! Wends."

Wednesday rolled her eyes as Enid threw one of her stress toys at him. "Took you long enough!"

Erix easily caught it, resisting the urge to burn it. "I was napping. Calm it Enid. Show me what you've put together."

"Nothing! I was busy freaking out waiting on you and now I-I—"

Erix carefully pulled her into a hug leaving enough room for her to pull away if she needed. Instead, Enid just held on tighter.

"You go style your hair and I'll pick out an outfit. How's that sound?"

Enid let out a muffled "okay" and left to her bathroom.

Erix ran a hand through his hair in exhaustion. He moved over to her wardrobe and started sifting through different jackets and dresses.

"Yes Wends?" he asked, feeling her gaze burning through his head.

"Greed demons aren't empathetic creatures by nature."

"By nature, no, we're not. In fact, I was going to light that stupid toy on fire if she wasn't about to have an anxiety attack." He nodded, picking out a pink fluffy coat and a pink beret. "I don't understand how she fits all this shit in here.."

He threw those along with a pink skirt and a white button up onto her bed. He hesitated at the sweater vest but quickly took it off the hanger and threw it behind him.

"I'm guessing you've been reading more about demons."

"You'd be correct."

"Well most Greed demons aren't empathetic. A lot of them will kill for riches. I've killed for protection."