Pink and Red

"Could you sing? I need to make sure—"

"What? Do you want me to sing you a lullaby so you can do your goddamn job?!"

"Huh. That was surprisingly really helpful, thanks Erix."

Erix had been in the room for the dance helping set up as if he had volunteered since Bianca dragged him back to the school. Axel, a werecat with a good ear for sound discrepancy and variation, had been trying to get the soundboard perfect the entire afternoon.

They'd yelled at multiple people who either did something wrong or just bothered them.

"Sure." Erix walked over to them as they finished adjusting everything. "What else did you need?"

"Well, Ama asked me—"

"No. You said no." Axel grimaced and rubbed the small bit of stubble on their chin. A bad habit. "Dammit Axel!"

"But she's been so nice and she bought me a pair of earrings—"

"She's buying your affection, idiot!" He took a deep breath and smiled. "I love you, you know I love you, but, does this not seem even slightly psychotic to you?"

"Psychotic? What are you talking about?"

"First date: she asked you out and then was late picking you up. She had you pay 60% of the bill, didn't bother to open a single door for you and also didn't even walk you to your dorm!"

"It wasn't a bad date! Maybe she was just not used to being the one meant to do that stuff."

"Okay, all your other dates aside then! She broke up with you saying it was you and not her and then got with some random guy like two days afterwards! Do you understand how toxic—"

"It's not toxic! She apologized and—"

"And flirted with Xavier right in front of us back when I was in... in the sunken place. And she did it multiple times flirting with guys who practically came from the garbage like a raccoon or something!"

"Raccoon's a bit harsh..."

Erix groaned. "Axel, the red flags are no longer looking pink, they're just looking red."

"You're telling me to let her go?"

"Don't let her go, cut her off!" Erix hit them. "Dear Sathanas! What is wrong with you people?"

"But she—"

"No, no, no, no, no. No. There are no excuses you can give me to let me watch you do this to yourself again. Cut that bitch off before I cut her up."

"Okay. Okay, I can do this."

"Save the self pep talk for later. Go." They had already sprinted to the door before Erix called, "And, Axel?"

"Yeah?"

"Good luck."

"Thanks!"

His phone buzzed in his pocket. He read the text before the contact: dude did you know wednesday's going to the dance?

He frowned. Ajax was still on thin ice with him but this was just weird.

no. who with?

xavier

Once again Erix was lucky his phone was fireproof. "What the fuck?"

He left the ballroom ignoring the faint burning behind his eyes as they flickered between red and green. Xavier was always able to get a rise out of him in one way or another.

Really he wanted him dead but as a demon himself he'd have to deal with seeing him at home too. That was already a problem with most of Erix's old friends.

"I've been looking for you."

He turned around to see Wednesday standing with her arms crossed. She raised an eyebrow as she noticed his eye color ever-changing.

"What happened?" he asked, stuffing his phone in his pocket.

"I could ask you the same."

"Oh this? Just a little annoyed by someone, no big deal."

"Hm. Well, I need your help getting into Xavier's art shed."

"Why?"

"I had to ask him to the Rave'N so I could have an excuse to be there but he eventually saw through it."

"And why were you over there?"

"He drew a picture of the monster."

"And now you need my help to steal a sketch as evidence or something?"

"Yes."

"And you're still going with that tool?"

"No, why do you care?"

"Just wondering."

Erix clasped his hands together and his eyes seemed to be slowly fading back to green. "Well I hate to cut this short but I've gotta go dress shopping! Have Enid text me if you need anything bye!"

At least he wouldn't have to commit murder... again.

______________

kiss or kill is back!!

and per usual a picture from my Pinterest board

Erix about Wednesday:

As he should.

Erix is king (his name literally means eternal ruler)

"why did it take so long to upload?" because I'm a mother of 6+ mentally ill kids with an ex husband I wanna kill ok 🙄

and on top of that I was withdrawn from the entire fucking school county so yeah

but anyways imma start updating this book again