Just a Study Break

Tyler wasn't exactly sure what happened at the Harvest Festival but he woke up around half an hour after Wednesday had run off naked in the woods.

After panicking for a few minutes and finding some clothes he made his way back to the festival grounds. He found his phone on the ground in the parking lot and checked it.

3 missed messages from Erix.

'Shit. What if he thinks I ditched him? Or that I just asked him as a joke?'

The first one was asking where he wanted to meet up after he got back from driving Wednesday but the next two were asking if he was okay.

"Tyler!" He turned to find his dad jogging towards him. "Tyler where have you been? C'mon you've gotta go home."

"Dad? What's going on?"

"According to some Nevermore kids one of their classmates was murdered."

Well that explains Erix's texts.

❤︎❤︎❤︎

So Erix may or may not be a murderer but that didn't excuse how rude it was to be accused of murdering a classmate regardless of how much he disliked the guy.

Because of this he guilted Weems into letting him go back into town.

He was sitting in his usual booth, playing with his lighter and drinking his iced mocha when the love of his life sat down across from him.

If the flame flared up when they locked eyes neither boy mentioned it.

"Hey."

"Hey." Erix grinned, setting his lighter on the table. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to say sorry for disappearing on you the other night."

"Ah it's fine. After Glasses died I was formally escorted back to Nevermore immediately."

"Glasses?"

"Rowan." His phone vibrated on the table. He had put it on silent for now.

Don't need Wheatus or Melanie Martinez randomly blaring in a mainly quiet cafe.

"I swear if it's that tool again I'm setting my phone on fire."

Tyler could've sworn his eyes turned red but it was gone as soon as it came. He looked at Erix's empty cup and smiled at him.

"How about I get you a refill? On the house. I've got something in the back for you too."

"What? What for?"

"To make up for such a shitty night, what else?" He got up and made his way behind the counter before Erix could protest.

He watched as Tyler made him another iced coffee and set it on the counter before heading into what he presumed was the backroom. Annoyingly enough, his phone vibrated again. He picked it up off the table but before he could register what the notification said something red and fluffy dropped on the table.

He looked up and saw Tyler with a nervous smile on his face as he held Erix's drink in his other hand.

"I remembered you said red was your favorite color so–"

Erix's eyes lit up. If they weren't pink before he had a feeling they were now.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" He hugged the stuffed animal to his chest. "This is the best study break ever!"

"I'm glad you like it." Tyler smiled sheepishly. "What class were you studying for?"

"Oh just my social studies..." the grin melted off Erix's face. "Class... fuck!"

Tyler jumped at his sudden outburst as he quickly pocketed his phone and lighter.

"I'm so sorry for that but I really have to go." he gently took the drink from Tyler and gave him a kiss on the cheek before grabbing the stuffy and rushing to the door. "Thanks love! I'll see you later!"

Erix fished his phone back out of his pocket and called Jeeves. "How in all the rings of hell did I forget I have class?! Weems is gonna kill me!"

❤︎❤︎❤︎

"Excuse me, sorry! Sorry!" Erix ran through the halls, fixing his tie as he tried not to look too disheveled. "Oh I am so late!"

He skidded to a stop in front of the classroom and ran a hand through his hair. He pushed the door open quietly and hoped that he might be able to slip next to Ajax unnoticed.

"Mister Fallon." he grimaced as he met Ms. Thornhill's eyes. "Would you mind explaining why you're late."

"Would you believe me if I said I was in hell?"

"No."

"Then I would prefer to sit down and stay quiet."

Thornhill sighed and gestured to his seat next to Ajax. Erix smiled and quickly sat down next to his roommate.

"What were you doing at the Weathervane?" he whispered.

"What makes you think I was at the Weathervane?"

"Your eyes are still sorta pink."

Erix's eyes widened and he pulled a mirror out of his bag. His appearance was normal except for his eyes which, while mostly green, had a ring of bright pink around the pupil.

"You've got to be kidding me!"

"Now..." Thornhill showed them a specific plant. "Who can tell us the name of this beauty?"

"Dendrophylax lindenii." Wednesday answered with the scientific name.

Bianca and some of the other students looked at her strangely. "Otherwise known as the ghost orchid."

"First discovered on the Isle of Wight in 1854."

"Very good, Wednesday." Thornhill praised. "You may have another competitor for first chair, Bianca, Erix."

"Ooh!" one student said.

"Since when was I a competitor for first chair?" Erix murmured.

"Wednesday, perhaps you can identify the ghost orchid's greatest qualities."

"Resilience and adaptability. It's able to thrive in even the most hostile environments."

"But its mere presence can change the ecosystem, causing the established plants to reject it."

"Usually because the native species is allowed to thrive unchecked. Nothing a Weedwacker couldn't fix."

"You can most certainly try."

"Are we still talking about flowers?" Xavier joked.

"Thank you, ladies, for those illuminating insights. Clearly the plants aren't the only carnivores in class today." Thornhill walked over to a purple flower. "And what is the name of this flower?"
___________

I couldn't think of a good chapter title but here have an Erix and Tyler chapter for the soul