Love Like Mine

"Sathanas, you're gonna look killer tonight Bia!"

"And you're gonna look completely out of place as usual."

Erix grinned as Bianca walked back into the dressing room to change out of her dress.

As Erix had told Wednesday he went dress shopping with Bianca. He himself was not wearing a dress but that was partially because he already had some nice formal clothes that he would gladly wear.

"Please tell me you're not going to the dance with Wednesday."

"Nope. I'm going with my boyfriend."

"You've been reading way too many coffee shop fanfics."

"Possibly. But I have a barista boyfriend now so it paid off."

"You have such issues." She walked out of the dressing room again holding the sparkling dress. "But we love you anyway."

"And that's true friendship."

"Big black boots, long black hair- she's so sweet with her get-back stare!"

Bianca looked at him.

"Don't be all judgy, Bia." he answered knowing exactly who was calling. "Hey sweetness."

"'Sweetness'?" Bianca repeated.

Judging.

"As much as I despise that reference, I need your help for something else."

"What is it?" He stole Bianca's wallet and gave the cashier his card. "Don't try to pay for anything when I'm with you."

"Erix, I swear if you destroy my credit card again."

"It was your fault."

"Come with me and Eugene to stake out a cave we found. It's where the monster lives."

"As fun as that sounds, I've already made a commitment to the dance so I cannot accompany you and the bee geek on your adventure."

"How are you, a demon, more interested in that event than furthering this investigation?"

"Because I, a demon, have a date. I also have an outfit that would be a shame to waste. How about I go with you for a little while and then go to this 'infernal' dance."

"Fine. Don't be late."

"Your wish is my command, sweetness."

"So I'm guessing you'll be lying to your barista boyfriend about the time." Bianca said as he hung up.

"Mayhaps."

"I've spent all of the love I saved, we were always a losing game. Small-town boy in a big arcade- I got addicted to a losing game"

"How many different ringtones do you have?"

"Somewhere between five and twenty-seven." Erix shrugged. "Hola mi amor."

"Hey 'Rix. Um y'know how you said I should just shoot my shot?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"She asked me to the Rave'N. I mean she dropped a note in the tip jar but still. Unbelievable right?"

"Yeah, that's one word for it." Erix smiled, anxious in a strange way. "So you have your suit already right?"

"Yeah. I'll meet you in the foyer."

"Cool. See ya then bye!"

"See ya."

He turned to Bianca. "Oh this is gonna be a shitshow."