Day Eight: Part II | Nightmare

The night was quiet, moon was full. Neighbors are all asleep, the apartment Things were not okay in Bakugo's subconscious. He was having a hard internal battle. People with no faces were fighting him. He was cornered, so close to a never-ending ledge.

Then it happened, it got to the part where falling was inevitable, there was no escape.

Bakugo shot up from his laid down position, breathing heavily. "Just a dream," he attempted to calm himself. It wasn't happening, his heart was racing. Parts of his body was sticky with hot sweat.

The blonde laid back down, thinking he'd calm down. He tossed and turned for what seemed like hours. "Fuck," he growled, staring at the time. 3:32AM. His heart was still beating loudly.

Bakugo looked out the window, the wind blew through the trees, the sound of leaves rustling was slightly soothing.

An idea popped into his head. He got himself out of bed, blanket wrapped around him, and shuffled down the hall. Bakugo made it to Midoriya's room.

The two were roommates, they're at the stage where it's okay to sleep together but not admit their feelings.

Bakugo started moving Midoriya lightly.

"Kacchan?" Midoriya mumbled half asleep.

"Move over," Bakugo demanded. He was granted access to a small half of the bed. He scooted in.

They laid there in silence for a few minutes. Midoriya was feeling a bit more awake. "Why are you here?" Midoriya questioned.

"I got cold, go to sleep," Bakugo grumbled. No way was he admitting to having anxiety or having a nightmare.

"Then come here," Midoriya moved closer, clinging onto the blonde, but Bakugo felt warm to the touch. "Are you sure you're cold?" Maybe Bakugo was getting sick.

Bakugo was getting irritated, "Get off my dick Deku," he just wants to relax, calm down.

Midoriya shifted away, giving his roommate some space. Well, as much space as he could give. Nothing he can do if Bakugo won't tell him what's up. He sighed, getting comfortable and closed his eyes.

Maybe he shouldn't have yelled at Midoriya. He did just crawl into his bed and lied about the reasoning. Bakugo flipped around, snaking his arm around Midoriya, pulling the smaller one in closer. This is nice. He thought. "I didn't mean to yell," He whispered.

Midoriya smiled, this was Bakugo's way of apologizing. "It's alright," His sweet smile soon turned into an evil grin, "Did you have a nightmare?"

"Fuck off," Bakugo hopped out of the bed, running back into his own room.

The smaller one laughed, apologized and told him to come back. Which he did. After a few choice words, on Bakugo's part. They fell into a deep, peaceful slumber.

•••

With love
~Mel🧡