Black Luna

It gets better I promise, and this will eventually be rewritten.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

Walking through the woods was Mackenzie’s way to relax. School, work, and her social life was becoming too much for her. She needed to get her next book in or her publisher would fine her, she needed to study for the mid-term next week, and all her friends have decided that this week’s drama was going to be like middle school. Susie liked him, but Becky kissed him, and Charlie is really in love with Sally and it went on and on. Mackenzie was growing tired of it, all of it. So she decided to take a walk. Maybe leaving the house without her phone, and just her IPod wasn’t the smartest idea, mostly because here she is miles into the woods lost. Night was beginning to fall and she didn’t want to be out this long. It may be summer but the Montana nights are cold.  She pulled her blue plaid shirt closer to her body, she decided it over her black sweater because she wanted to match her eyes. Now she thought it was a stupid idea the sweater would have been warmer.

She shivered, thinking she was trying to head home but going farther into the forest. She was hoping to run into civilization but she knew that she could walk over twenty miles and still not reach any humans, Montana was big that way. She slumped down a tree kicking a rock away, wishing she wasn’t so stupid that day and just remembered her phone. Although chances of it reaching any bars out there were slim to none. She played with her brown hair reaching just below her shoulder thinking of ways to get home, but coming up clueless.

“Get over here.” It wasn’t pointed at Mackenzie. It was far off to the left, a man yelling at somebody else.

“I’m tired, can we do this later?” Another voice answered back. Mackenzie was excited, she wasn’t lost. People were near, probably lived in a town that had cars and could take her home, back to college.

“Is that how you will take control of the pack, by being tired and exhausted?” Mackenzie started to run towards them, not questioning what they meant by pack or taking control of it.

“Fine.” The guy answered back.  She made it to the clearing where she found an older guy and a younger one, both similar looking, they are in workout clothes but she could tell they had muscles underneath them. Then there was their green eyes, dark and clouded that were matching, it reminded her of trees during a rain storm. The different between the guys were the wrinkles and the grey weaving through the old man’s black hair.

They haven’t seen her yet, too focused on each other. She stopped near the trees sizing the guys up. She shouldn’t of come here was her first thought, they didn’t look like the normal people from her town. The young guy was running full force towards the old guy, he leaps and she could feel a buzz in the air. A wolf tackles the old guy to the ground but he throws the wolf to the side after a second, kicking it in the stomach.

“Pathetic, Is that how you are going to win.” The old guy says. Were there once was wolf was now the young guy with no clothes on. Run was the thought that went through her head. She turns around stepping on leaves and sticks, not bothering to be quite, just wanting to get out of there. She barely makes it a yard before she is trapped against a tree, a hand grasping her neck making it so she can’t leave. “What did you see?”  The old guy asks. She looks down to see the older guy, the young one behind him sending a cunning smile her way.

“I was just lost, I didn’t see anything.” Mackenzie pants out, scratching at the hand trying to get it to loosen. She felt her head snap to the side, blood rising to her cheek, his hand leaving a print. She has never been hit that she could remember; she remembered one girl tried to slap her at the last party she was at, but the girl barely missed. Mackenzie didn’t think she was the blame, the whole ordeal was about how Mackenzie spilt her drink on the girl, but in reality the girl was so drunk she ran into Mackenzie. She just grazed her fingers against Mackenzie’s cheek and Mac was finding humor in the situation. Now she wasn’t, she was scared out of her mind.