Chapter 30

“Gage.” Mac says once she wakes up. Her back is already healing but the blood still leaves a scent in the air. Gage was on the side of her still knocked out, his arms chained to the wall while his legs were chained in a V formation on the ground. Mac was the same way, except her chains weren’t made of silver, instead of palladium, she could feel the sting of the chains. The room was white, with a silver tray table to the left, she could see the bags of blood and of liquid silver covering the table along with needles. It was a new place and much more modern than the last and also more expensive. She tries to remove her chains, but her powers aren’t working. They aren’t dead, she can barely feel the stirring of War and Vamp. Both in the back of her mind wanting to come out but the wolfs bane keeping them at bay. She looks down at her brown hair, it had grown going past her mid-section and reaching her hip there was dirt and mud held in it. All her powers have stop, even the illusion could not stick, her eyes going to the human blue green.

“You’re finally awake.” Zane says walking in the room. “Good, it is about time. It has been a couple of hours.”

“What do you want?” Mac says, she was glad Gage wasn’t awake, the longer he slept the less pain he would feel.

“You ask me that every time, I think it is obvious now what I want.” Zane says.

“Okay, you want me for experiments, I get that. What do you want with Gage?” Mac asks. He is sleeping and by his face Mac can tell he can feel the sting of the chains.

“I don’t really want him, I was going to kill him. But then I thought, I could use him. You have always been against my experiments. Screaming and kicking when I put the silver in. With the gold you kept breaking the needle when it was put into your arm. The fact you kept trying to tip over the chair and bite me when I was testing your healing powers was just plain annoying and last time, killing Brody and running away, that last one disappointed me. But he was a worthless assistant, he just couldn’t do anything right and then his fascination with you. I guess you saved me from killing him, because as soon as I got you he was going to die anyways.” Zane says, he breaks the bag of blood he was holding, it staining the white floor. He leaves it there, picking up the next one inserting the needle, he walks over to Gage inserting it in his arm. Gage flinches a bit but doesn’t wake up. “All I ever wanted was you to help me experiment. But you fought and fought and fought. So when I was shooting at Gage and you kept stepping in the way, the idea popped into my mind. You care for him, enough to risk your life. You do realize the power you gave me when you took the bullets right” Zane finishes going back to sitting in front of Mac.

“I don’t care.” Mac says, bluffing.

“Oh I was hoping you would say that.” Zane says, he stands up heading over to the bags. Breaking open the silver, he has his gloves on making him impervious to pain. He displays his hand, the silver dropping down to the table, he walks over to Gage flicking the silver at him. Gage starts screaming struggling against the chains. His eyes are closed and he has yet to wake up, but he could still feel the pain. He keeps flicking, Mac hearing the screams of Gage caused her fist to tighten. “I can do this all day.” Zane says, he goes over adding more silver to his glove. He throws a handful at Gage it splattering on his face. Gage starts to scream bloody murder.

“Stop. Okay stop, you made your point I care.” Mac says, tears start to fall to the ground.

“A lot more than I thought.” Zane says, he has pulled off his glove throwing it in the trash.

“What do you want me to do?” Mac says. She straightens herself out staring Zane in the eye.

“I want silver hair.” Zane says, he comes to sit next to her between Gage. He was still passed out and Mac was thankful for that. Zane picks up her hair twirling it like it is the most natural thing in the world.