Chapter 17

It was Friday and Mac was looking forward to her date. Brett has sent some text saying “Hey, how’s it going.” They were small conversation with some jokes, keeping Mac interested for the week. Gage had been ignoring her, which pissed her off more than his pranks.  

“Gage, can you pass me the paper.” Mac says. Brody was handing out the homework, Gage was sitting in front of her refusing to hand it back.

“Gage come on, stop being an idiot.” Mac says, poking him in the back. Vamp was getting irritated. War has yet to resurface, but Mac could feel her stirring so she knew War was still there.

“Fine.” Mac says, getting up walking to the front of Gage’s desk. She tries to grab her papers but Gage keeps his hold on it. She pulls, them ripping apart, causing her to fall on her butt.

“Shit, sorry.” Gage says.

“Really if you were you would have just handed them back.” Mac says, getting up.

“Do you still have a date planed with Brett tonight?” Gage says, changing the subject.

“Why do you care?” Mac says.

“Who’s talking?” Brody asks, he turns around finding Mac and Gage glaring at each other. “Why am I not surprised.”

“I don’t, I just hate him.” Gage says.

“And you hate me, so shouldn’t you be happy we are together?” Mac says.

“I don’t hate you. You are like a sister.” Gage says earning a surprised look from Mac. “Plus you hate me, and you hate Sandy yet you aren’t happy we are together.”

“You don’t hate me?” Mac says, mostly to herself. “And I hate Sandy because she is a giant bitch and I want her to die alone.” Mac says, angry again.

“I’m tired of this, detention for the both of you.” Brody says, Mac and Gage continue to ignore him.

“Ya, I don’t hate you. You are annoying but I don’t hate you.” Gage says looking at the floor.

“Plus he worries about you when you’re away.” Collin puts in.

“Shut up, no I don’t.” Gage says, punching Collin the arm.

“I don’t hate you either.” Mac says, staring at the floor.

“Then drop your date with Brett.” Gage says.

“It is one date, it isn’t like I’m getting married to him.” Mac says, getting annoyed at Gage for trying to order her around.

“Fine, then don’t come crying to me when he breaks your heart.” Gage says staring at the front of the room.

“Ya because you would be the first person I would go to with my problems.” Mac says going back to her desk.

“Are you guys done yet?” Brody says. Both Gage and Mac nod their head. “Then if you didn’t hear me earlier, detention.” Both drop their heads to the desk in anger.

The rest of the day went back to normal, Gage ignoring Mac. She was fine with it this time.

“So, are you heading home now or are you going to finish your homework?” John asks, standing next to Mac putting her books away.

“I have detention.” Mac says, slamming her books in her locker.

“What did you do?” John asks, walking with her to the room.

“Gage was being annoying, and we got in trouble.” Mac says.

John starts to laugh. “You both got in trouble, why am I not surprised.”