Chapter 19

“How are you feeling this morning?” Ethan asks, looking at Mac’s smiling face.

“Honestly I have never felt better; whatever Vamp was snacking on was amazing. I still have the taste in my mouth.” Mac licks her lips remembering the flavor. She goes to grab the chair snapping it in half. “What the hell?” Mac says looking down at the now broken chair.

“I thought you said you could control you strength?” Ethan says.

“I normally can, but right now I feel stronger than usual.” She goes up barely touching the other chair, it snaps as well. “For some reason I’m stronger than usual.”

“Maybe it is what you ate.” Ethan says, looking at the broken chair. “You did say you feel great.”

“Yes but I don’t know what I ate.” Mac says, keeping her hands crossed so she doesn’t break anything else.

“I thought you could smell and see blurs.” Ethan says.

“Last night I don’t remember anything. Vamp was running in the forest, then I remember a big thing that looked like a house. Next thing I know War is fighting for dominance and I get shoved in the back with no vision.” Mac says. “Good thing I’m not hungry otherwise eating would be hard.” She was thinking about how she wouldn’t be able to hold anything, even something as simple as a spoon.

“Maybe you ate a human.” Ethan says, looking at Mac with big eyes.

“Vamp would never.” Mac says, but she wasn’t sure herself. “Let’s just get to school, your driving today.”

They reach school, Mac needing help getting out of the car.

“So what are you going to do, you can’t touch anything.” Ethan says.

“Have you as my personal lap dog.” Mac says.

“Rude, but on the count you can’t touch anything without breaking it. I fear you at the moment. So sure.” Ethan says, opening the door to the school. “Where’s your locker?” Mac points to her locker, waving at Collin and Chloe on the way. “What are you going to do while you’re in class, we only have two together.” Ethan says opening the locker.

“Shit, maybe I should just go home.” Mac says.

“We both know if you miss that much more you will be in trouble with the school.” Ethan says.

“You’re sitting with me today.” Gage says, coming up pulling Mac close to him.

“Problem solved, here she can’t do much so write for her and carry her books.” Ethan says, dropping the books in Gage’s hands, walking off towards his class.

“You are a useless lap dog.” Mac says, towards Ethan’s retreating figure. Gage grabs Mac’s arm walking her towards class. “Why am I sitting with you today?” Mac asks.

“Because Brody is back.” Gage says, his grip on Mac tightening from stress and worry. Mac didn’t really see Brody as a problem, mostly because today if she just flicks him he would be sent through a wall.

“Thanks.” Mac says, crossing her arms from touching anything. He walks in front of her, glad to see that there is no Brody in site.

“Come on.” Gage says. They walk to the back, Mac doesn’t sit down right away trying to figure out a way not to break the chair. Collin grabs the seat to the right of her, lounging down. “If he tries anything tell either of us.” Gage says taking his seat. 

“We are in a class filled with people, I doubt he will try anything.” Mac says, her arms are still crossed. She hovers over her seat for a second, she sits down and nothing happens. She is relieved, she places her leg out in front of her accidently hitting the leg of the table. The leg swings out and the desk tips forward, she braces her fall but the desk is destroyed.