Chapter 14

“Full moon tonight.” Trent says. They just got back from school.

“Really, did you just figure that out?” Mac says, jumping out of the car.

“No need to be snippy.” Trent says.

“You know what she is like on a full moon.” Jason says.

“I’m going to my cage now, listening to somebody yodel all the way home was driving me crazy.” Mac says, walking to the house.

“I was singing.” Trent says towards Mac.

“It didn’t sound any different than yodeling.” Mac says, throwing the door open. War and Vamp have been getting antsy to get out and she was just on the brink of losing control.

“Come on Trent, you know it isn’t her day.  But Mac you have to talk to Ethan and Justin.” Jason says running up to catch her. Mac stops in the kitchen.

“Crap you’re right. Get them in here; I don’t know how much longer I can take people.” Mac says referring to her other sides.

“Justin, Ethan.” Jason shouts through the house. “How much are you going to tell them?” Jason asks.

“I don’t know all of it, I know I can trust them.” Mac says.

Justin and Ethan run into the room grabbing a seat.

“Does this mean it is time?” Ethan asks.

“Time?” Trent says.

“Yes you know, where we learn the secret handshakes and stuff.” Ethan answers.

“Yes, it is that time.” Mac says, she pulls off her sunglasses. Normally it would just show her brown eyes, but sense tonight was the full moon it was black where the color supposed to be and a blue swirl inside of it.

“Shit.” Justin says jumping out of his chair.

“What are you?” Ethan asks, looking closer to her.

“Long story short, I’m the Black Luna.” Mac says grabbing a seat.

“That was supposed to be a myth.” Ethan says.

“Well it isn’t, I’m supposed to save the race and yada yada yada.” Mac says. The room goes quiet, both of them just staring at Mac.

“Awesome.” Ethan finally says. “That’s why you didn’t care if we took Allen in, because you could defeat who ever came after us.”

“Actually I wanted him in the pack. We needed to take care of him.” Mac says.

“So it is real.” Justin says, finally speaking.

“Yep, but I don’t know what is going to attack the werewolf race.” Mac says.

“But they said you had enemies. Who are they?” Justin asks.

“Sandy and her family, oh and this creepy scientist Zane. He has been missing for a while, so I know he is going to show up soon.” Mac says thinking it over.

“That’s why you hate that bitch, I just thought you were in love with Gage and was jealous.” Ethan says.

“Ya no, not in love with Gage. But yes that bitch and her family tortured me for about a year.” Mac says, just remembering it her claws started to come out. “Look the boys will catch you up, but on full moons I don’t have complete control of myself so I need to go to my cage.” Mac says, leaving the room in a hurry.

“Cage?” Ethan inquires.

“Yep she keeps herself in a silver cell downstairs so she doesn’t kill everything within a ten mile radius.” Jason says.