Chapter 12

Mac was ignoring Gage’s group for the next couple of days. It wasn’t that hard with them not being able to talk to her, but all she could keep thinking is how she is going to get back at Sandy. She wanted blood and it was her blood that she wanted.

“Let’s go out.” Mac says trying to distract herself.

“To where?” Trent says, he was sitting on the couch Katie laying on his lap. His fingers twirling around her hair.

“I don’t know where did you guys use to go?” Mac says. “What do werewolves do for fun?”

“Park?” Trent says.

“We aren’t actually dogs.” John says.

“But that is where we use to go.” Trent says. “We grab some bottles of booze, and a bit of silver and go get trashed at the park.”

“Silver?” Mac asks, confused she thought they hated the stuff.

“Alcohol doesn’t affect us like humans, what is supposed to numb the mind in human brains gets burned off by our heat. But silver, a limited amount won’t kill us but help us get drunk.” John says.

“Why haven’t we done this before?” Mac says, she could get drunk but she didn’t know that the others could join her.

“Because we aren’t alcoholics.” Jason says.

“Boo your no fun, let’s go to the park.” Mac says.

The park was deserted, it being a bit cold out Mac wasn’t surprised. It was just a simple park a small playground, with a swing set and slide. Off to the side; there were benches, and an open field for playing games. It was night and the stars bright in the sky.

“Beautiful.” Katie says, the group agreeing. The park was on top of a hill, the lookout being the city with mountains surrounding it. They could see cars speeding on the highway below. It wasn’t near their house, but closer to the city.

“Come on, let’s play.” Trent says, he pops a beer open chugging it. He then grabs the soccer ball from John. “I will whoop your ass.” Trent kicks the ball scoring in the soccer net.

“No you won’t.” John says, he takes the ball from the net, taunting Trent with the ball. He was dribbling around and around Trent until Katie stole it shooting a goal.

“He may not be able to whoop your ass, but I can.” Katie blows a small kiss towards John who was glaring but laughing at the same time at her.

Mac just watches her group stealing the ball from each other, she sips on her mikes not bothering to add silver knowing it won’t affect her.

She takes a seat on the grass, laying down to watch the stars. She couldn’t help but think about how much her life had changed. She was happy and glad it did. Gage kept running through her mind, but she didn’t know why. Maybe because him and his pack can’t help but annoy the crap out of her.

“What cha thinking about.” Jason says, a beer in his hand and a packet of silver in the other.

“Nothing, everything. I don’t know.” Mac says, sitting up and facing him.

“Wow, that seems like a lot.” Jason says.

“Shut up.” Mac says, nudging her shoulder against his. She knew he was being sarcastic.

“You know you love me.” Jason says.

“Sure I do.” Mac says, she can see a shooting star fly above her head.

“Did you make a wish?” Jason says.

“Wishes never come true.” Mac says, turning to face him. She just noticed how close Jason was.