Chapter 15

The week went by and everybody was on the ends of the seats the day after the full moon. Chloe wanted to wait outside, waiting for the cars of the pack to come. It was snowy out, just flakes falling down. It was winter wonderland, the tree’s all covered, everybody in dark colored jackets hugging their bodies.

“Do you think she will be back?” Chloe asks. She arrived early excited for Mac to be back only a few were in the parking lot. She brings her jacket closer, shivering a bit.

“I don’t know, but I hope so.” Collin says, he has his arms wrapped around Chloe. She wouldn’t stop bouncing up and down in her seat. “Will you relax?” Collin says.

“No it is too exciting, she is back.” Chloe says.

“Don’t get your hopes up too much babe.” Collin says, but truth was he was excited to.

“What are we doing out here?” Gage says, hugging his jacket to him as the wind crept around them.

“Nobody asked you to be here.” Chloe says. That shut Gage up, he didn’t know why he was out here. He thinks it is because she acts like his an annoying little sister, he shrugs the memory away quickly.

“She’s here, she’s here.” Chloe says, jumping out of Collins arms running towards the group of cars. They park the cars, jumping out, Chloe stops in her place. None of them look happy, the same old miserable faces.  Jason catches her eye, he sends a little shake of his head, implying that Mac has yet to show up. “No,” Chloe runs back into Collins arms, this time with tears running down her face. Gage just stays standing staring at the group.

“But they said…” Gage says.

“She will come back, don’t worry.” Collin says, stroking Chloe hair.

“Can I go home.” Chloe says. Gage nods his head.

“I will give you a ride.” Gage says heading towards his car, not wanting to be at school either.

Every day it was like that, them waiting outside for the cars to pull up, but Mac still wasn’t jumping out of it. Jason would give a small shake of the head telling them that she has yet to show. The looks on the groups face becoming bleaker.

“You said, a day after. It has been a week.” Chloe says, she runs up to Jason screaming her head off this morning. Jason doesn’t do anything but stare at her.

“Chloe.” Collin says, coming and grabbing her.

“He said a day.” Chloe says.

“You do realize he is in pain as well.” Collin says.

“I know, I know. I’m sorry Jason, but I just miss her.” Chloe says, pulling Collin into a hug.

“She’ll be back.” Jason says.

“How do you know?” Gage asks.

“She has to.” Jason says his voice straining.

“Come on dude, she wouldn’t be happy if we were late to class.” Trent says, coming up and giving Jason a push. Chloe and Collin follow the group inside, Gage walks over lying on the bench, the only part not covered in snow. He didn’t feel like trying to concentrate.

“A week, they said she would be here a week ago.” Gage says, he stares up at the sky. “Why do I even care, she was just an annoying human.”

“Going crazy?” He hears from above.

“Maybe I am, I am hearing voices.” Gage says, answering the voice.

“I meant the whole talking to yourself thing. By the way, that annoying human comment, it better not of been about me.” Mac says taking a seat next to him.