Chapter 29

“I like Cooper.” Allen says over breakfast.

“It only took you a month.” Jason says. Mac had Cooper over all the time, the pack slowly warming up to him. He would go to work but comeback to Mac’s group. He was practically living there and nobody had a problem with it, except Gage.

“I hate him.” Gage says.

“We are not surprised, but on the count you don’t live here. Who cares?” Trent says. He grabs the apple out of Gage’s hand. Gage had been practically living there as well. Allen set up a guest room across the hall just for Gage.

“You don’t live here?” Brad says, Jasmine confused as well.

“Why are you here so often?” Ethan asks, he has yet to like Gage again.

“I’m trying to become brothers again with Allen.” Gage says.

“Didn’t that happen, can’t you leave now.” Ethan says.

“I have forgiven you and I do consider you a brother. Don’t get me wrong I love having you here, but why are you here so much?” Allen asks.

“I like it here okay.” Gage says.

“Is Sandy back?” Susie asks, she has found her mate among Brett’s pack and moved into his house with him.

“Yes.” Gage says. “She has been back for weeks.”

“And yet you are still here all the time.” Ethan says.

“What is your problem?” Gage says, getting angry with Ethan’s tone.

“You, you are my problem.” Ethan says, he throws his plate, Gage moves his head just in time. “Just leave, it would be best for everybody.”

“What is going on in here?” Mac says, looking down at the shattered plate. Cooper following behind her with no shirt on. Gage wasn’t happy the way Cooper placed his hands across Mac’s waist while she grabbed her food.

“Sorry.” Ethan says, “But I can’t stand him.” Ethan glares at Gage.

“I didn’t do anything to him.” Gage says.

“How could you let him stay here, be here all the time after everything he has done to you?” Ethan shouts.

“I apologized.” Gage shouts.

“Sure you did, I doubt for everything.” Ethan says.

“Enough.” Mac says. “Ethan, Gage is Allen’s brother so he has every right to be here. Gage, stay away from Ethan.”

“I didn’t do anything.” Gage says.

“I don’t care, stay away.” Mac says.

“Fine.” Gage says. He watches Mac go up, giving a small kiss on Coopers lips. He hates that guy, but he doesn’t know why.

“Have fun at work.” Mac says, following him to the front door. She picks up his fallen shirt on the ground. What can she say, it didn’t start in her bedroom, giving it to him.

“Miss you.” Cooper says, placing another kiss on her lips. Throwing on his shirt afterwards.

“Miss you to.” Mac says.

“Remember I will be away for a little while, but as soon as I’m free I will be back for you.” Cooper said loud enough the rest of the room hears him. Gage giving off a little smile at him being gone. “I love you.” Cooper says, Gage doesn’t notice but he is gripping the table, leaving small cracks in it.

“Love you to.” Mac says, closing the door. She hears a cracking sound and looks to find that Gage has torn a piece of the table off. “Nice.” Mac says.

Ethan starts laughing. “Angry?”

“Ethan.” Mac says in a stern tone, he settles down from laughing but continues to keep smiling.

“Mac, there is trouble on the north side.” Jason says, running into the room.

“How bad?” Mac says.

“Bad, ten of our men are down and more rogues keep coming.” Jason says. Mac nods her head heading out the door.

“You can’t go alone.” Gage says, looking at the table of people who aren't moving to help.

“I will be fine.” Mac says over her shoulder. Gage rushes out the door to find her nowhere in sight. He starts running to the north end finding a bunch of fallen wolves on the ground. “Mac.” He shouts, tackling her to the ground before a wolf bites her.

“What are you doing here?” Mac asks. She pushes him off of her, taking out a wolf on the side. He looks around, there are about thirty wolves, ten of them already taken out but it was only Mac fighting.

“I’m here to help.” Gage says, taking a wolf out.

“Leave now.” Mac says.

“No, you need help.” Gage says, both of them sending kicks and punches everywhere most of the time making contact with the rogues. They both here a laugh off to the side, he can see Mac tense up but continue to fight.

“Seriously, leave.” Mac says, she shoves him, but he finds his balance. They are down to the last five wolves.

“I won’t leave you.” Gage says.

“How sweet.” Zane says, but Gage has no clue who the guy is.

“Figured you be back.” Mac says, she knocks out the last wolf.

“I don’t like him.” Zane says, Gage just looks up at the silver guy.

“I know, but he is just leaving.” Mac says.

“I don’t think so.” Zane pulls out a gun.

“Zane.” Mac says. Gage remembers the name, it is burned onto Mac’s back. This is the guy she distorted her body for. Gage hated the way they were looking at each other. It seemed as nothing in the world would bring Mac’s eyes away from Zane’s.

“I’m sorry,” Zane starts to laugh. “But not really.” He fires off the gun towards Gage. He sees it is wolfs bane bullet one of the deadliest thing to a wolf. It is different than a normal bullet it takes a certain blue metal to hold wolfs bane.

 The bullet was flying right towards him, but then he sees brown and blue. It is Mac facing his way the bullet lodged into her back.

“Leave Gage, run.” Mac says, he was in shock how is she still standing wolfs bane was supposed to knock a shifter or wolf out right away. “Gage” Mac screams, bringing him out of shock. “Run.” He sees Zane has moved to the side trying to fire another shot at him. Mac hears the bang and knows to step to the side, blocking Gage from getting hit.

“I will not leave you.” Gage says. He grabs on to her arms, pulling her to him.

“But you won’t make it through this.” Mac says, tears running down her face. He didn’t know how she was still holding on, but she was.

“We will make it through this.” Gage says, he sees another bullet land in Mac’s back and she starts to drop to the ground.

“Please, run.” Mac says before her eyes close.

“How touching, I do hope three of my bullets didn’t kill her.” Zane says looking down at her. “You know, I was going to kill you, but I think I can use you.” Zane lifts the gun up shooting Gage in the chest with wolfs bane. All goes black in seconds for him.