Chapter 23

Mac woke up in the morning feeling a bit better, there was pain but it wasn’t much. She took a long shower last night, washing the blood away. She felt the burn intensify every time he made love to Sandy and it hurt, emotionally, she was physically use to pain now. Where she was supposed to be marked one day by her mate, was now torn up to the point that it looked like somebody took a chain saw to it. It wasn’t red or puffy, it was just added to the skin along with her other scars and burns, like it had been there all along. She was remembering how almost over two years ago there wasn’t one burn or scar on her skin. The worst thing she went through was a paper cut, or pain from her friends from talking behind her back. How she wished for those days again. She couldn’t imagine losing her pack though.

“You going to school today.” Jason says, walking in with Mac’s breakfast. He only does this when he knows she is going through a hard time.

“Yes, why wouldn’t I?” Mac says in monotone.

“Because.” Jason says, staring at the scar. She makes it invisible before his eyes, perfect smooth skin replacing it. “You can’t just make it disappear.”

“Why can’t I?” Mac says, going into her closet to change.

“Because, you’re supposed to feel angry, mad, something, right now you just seem like an emotionalist Zombie. You can’t hide from your feelings.” Jason says.

“Really I’m fine, he made his decision, truth is before I found out I didn’t really believe I had a mate and I was okay with that. I can’t miss what I never had.” Mac says, walking out of her closet dressed.

“It isn’t healthy.” Jason says.

“I think last night proved I can’t die.” Mac says. “Time for school.” She leaves him in her room, forgetting about the breakfast he brought up.

Mac was going through school like a zombie, Vamp was happy when she saw that Gage was gone, but it didn’t reach Mac’s lips.

“So you’re back to zombie villa?” Chloe says, walking with Mac to lunch.

“I guess so.” Mac says, grabbing her tray to put food on.

“What happened?” Chloe says, she grabs her food, Mac does at well.

“Nothing important.” Mac says her monotone not changing sense the morning. Walking back to her table, she doesn’t really pay attention and it takes her by surprise when she runs into somebody. Mac’s eyes go wide when she recognizes the person.

“Hi there gorgeous.” Derrick says, leaning against the pillar. Mac just keeps looking at him, wondering if she could kill him without the whole cafeteria noticing. “Don’t speak much do you.” Derrick says. “It’s okay, I like the quiet.” Derrick runs his hands up and down Mac’s arm.

“What are you doing here Derrick?” Chloe asks.

“Just dropping off my sister, she was busy this morning with her mate but she still needs to go to school.” Derrick says. “So who’s your friend?”

“This is Mac, and will you stop touching her.” Chloe says.

“Got yourself a back bone didn’t you?” Derrick says to Chloe. “So Mac.” Derrick grabs Mac’s waist bringing her in close, the tray keeping a bit of separation from them. “Why don’t you and I go have some fun?” He whispers in her ear.

“Leave her alone Derrick.” Chloe says.

“Shut up.” Derrick says, he lowers his hand grazing it against Mac’s ass. She was just standing there, waiting for the right time.