Chapter 27

Mac was feeling great and she decided to go for a run, it had been almost two months since the last time. The weather was still a little nippy, it being spring brought out the beautiful colors of the forest. She was running in wolf form, chasing the deer around but not catching them. Even War was happy about the new mate. Gage was pushed to the back of her mind. Cooper was perfect, he was sweet and kind. Plus she couldn’t believe how good the sex was. It had been almost two years and she was not disappointed when she came into that world again.

“Mac, or should I say War.” Mac looks to side seeing Zane leaning against a tree. She changes back to human form, her hair long enough to cover her breast. She sniffs the air but doesn’t smell anything.

“Zane, how come I can’t smell you?” Mac asks.

“New invention, you were my muse for it.” Zane says. “Think fast.” Zane throws a knife it slicing into her arm. She feels the cut, but there is an extra substance that adds a burning sensation to the wound. She falls to the ground holding her arm. She pulls out the handle noticing that the blade melted into her arm. “Like it, the knife was covered in palladium when it touches vampire blood it melts. I thought it might hurt you, I know it hurts werewolves and vampires.”

“That’s all you wanted, was to cut me?” Mac asks, hoping to not be kidnapped again. She would miss Cooper too much.

“Mostly yes, not to mention I also missed you. I see you don’t hang with that boy much anymore. I’m glad, if you were to continue that I might have to make him disappear.” Zane says.

“Can’t we just go back to the good old days were I was just a science experiment.” Mac says. The wound on her arm not healing, the blood dropping to the floor.

“No.” Zane says, his tone getting angry. “I mean yes at first, I chose you because you were a female werewolf. But now, think, you lasted through all my experiments, how could I not grow to love you?” He has step closer to her. “The silver, the gold. You lasted.” He has his hand running through her hair, Mac tries to focus on her power but she couldn’t aim. The branches behind him go flying, but the pain distracted her too much for her to focus on hitting him. “You can regrow your bones, I can do anything to you and you would live through it. How could I not grow to love you?” Zane says again, he twirlers her hair around between his fingers.

“I think obsessed is more the word not love.” Mac says, she can feel her wound start to heal.

“Could be both,” Zane says. “Brody come and help me move Mac.” Mac looks behind Zane seeing Brody step out from behind a tree. Zane places a kiss on her cheek. “See you soon, I have errands to run.” Zane says, stepping away and leaving her alone with Brody.

“No Gage here to help you now.” Brody says stepping closer. Mac still didn’t have full control of her power, but she was able to move more branches around.

“So you work for Zane?” Mac says. She was trying to distract him until her wound was healed and the pain subsided.

“He helps pay the bills.” Brody says, he has ropes in his hand. “I did miss you.” Brody says, Mac flinches back when his hand grazes her breast. “What he is allowed to touch you but I’m not?” Brody says, he back hands Mac, she falls to the floor.

“He doesn’t molest me, he just plays with my hair.” Mac says getting up. “Why is it that every freak likes me?” She can Brody face contort to anger when she uses the word freak.

“I am not a freak.” Brody says.

“Sure.” Mac says.

“I am not, I love you because you’re beautiful, your perfect, and you have more power than anything on earth. A vampire werewolf, how could you not want such a fascinating object?” Brody says his eyes lighting up when talking about her.