🖤: Liza meets Steve's Parents

Trigger warning : this chapter includes Steve's shitty parents and what I assume to be the dynamic from the context clues we have been given. Please exercise caution if you continue to read. Nothing bad happens besides general controlling parents but I want to make sure you all are comfortable.

    Liza knocked on the door to the Harrington house, she wasn't quite sure what to expect from tonight

Liza knocked on the door to the Harrington house, she wasn't quite sure what to expect from tonight. When Steve had told her that she should meet his parents, Liza was hesitant. She knew next to nothing about them besides them being horrible parents and that Mrs.Harrington didn't trust her husband to go on trips alone. She knew she should have expected this at one point, afterall Steve knew her mom, she should know his parents but she wasn't prepared at all.

When Steve said that they would be going out for supper, Liza wanted so badly to back out. It wasn't the fact that they were going to a restaurant, it was the fact that they were going to some upscale restaurant that Steve's parents chose, meaning she couldn't get away with her usual band tee and jeans combo. The blonde had to find a dress to go out in, something that she asked her mother for help with. They managed to find a black dress, one that Liza felt comfortable in and was able to add her style to.

Liza was thankful when Steve opened the door, visibly relaxing as she took in her boyfriends outfit. He looked every bit as uncomfortable as Liza felt, but she couldn't deny that he looked good in his button up and sports coat. Steve stepped out of the house and shut the door before turning to actually look at Liza.

"Wow you look. . . " Steve trailed off, eyes wide as he took in the blonde, he wasn't quite sure what word to use. The dress was new for him, sure most girls wore dresses but he couldn't name a time he had ever seen Liza in one. Maybe she had worn one to Wills funeral but he wasn't there and she didn't go to Barbara's.

"Gross, I know." Liza wrinkled her nose, trying her best to ignore how naked she felt in the dress. "But it was the only dress that I semi liked so it's what we are stuck with."

"Gross? No! That wasn't what I was thinking at all." Steve shook his head, placing his hands on Liza's cheeks as he placed a quick peck to her forehead. "I was going to say that you look beautiful, not what I'm used to but you do look beautiful."

"Oh, uh, thank you. Where's your parents?" Liza asked, she had noticed that only Steve car was in the driveway and she really hoped that it didn't mean that they would all be in the same car together. That would be torture and she wasn't sure she could handle that on-top of dinner.

"Already left, apparently they wanted to meet us at the restaurant." Steve sighed and rolled his eyes. Liza nodded and grabbed Steve's hand, tugging him along to the car. "Why are we rushing to go meet the Harpy and Gargoyle?" Liza stopped, turning to look at Steve with a wide smile.

"Did you really just call your parents that? That's fucking hilarious." Liza laughed, almost doubling over as she tried to catch her breath. "But to answer your question, the faster we get there, the faster we can be done with this and end both of our misery. Then we can either come back here and hide away in your room or go back to my place and I can get out of this damned dress and we actually exist the way we want to."